• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why do most new businesses fail within 5 years of opening?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator (Profit Partner)
Staff member
Profit Partner
Gold Supporter
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵42.646325
Referral Credit
CryptoCrest of Prosperity NFT [Ultra Rare]
A large percentage of businesses fail within the first 5 years. What are the main reasons for this?

I would like to think that it relates to a couple of different issues, outside of just deciding to close shop.

1. Lack of initial investment or capital. Money does help keep operations going. I've always heard that you should have funds to pay the bills, and to pay yourself a wage for atleast 1 year. If you can't do that, outside funding is needed.
2. Wrong location/low foot traffic. Some people like to start up a business, and do not even consider location. Some people fail simply by placing the business in a place where they are less likely to get people to walk in the door.

Most of the businesses fail, as they may not have the right kind of plan. I have seen many businesses facing failure due to many reasons, even though they offered high-quality products. I think that being located at the wrong location is one of the main reasons why they may have had failed.

Another issue could be poor management. One thing i have come to understand about business is that you could have all the need resources to run the business, if the management is poor or bad, every other aspects would be useless.

I believe the reason for failure or crash of business within five years frame is mostly impatience and lack of consistency. Most of business that crumbled is simply because of lack of persistence and patience. In business,we need to learn how to restrategize, reposition our plans and take bold moves.

Have you noticed how many businesses are closing in our area lately? It's quite concerning. There could be various reasons behind it, but here, it seems like high electric bills and skyrocketing rent are major culprits. It's sad to see so many entrepreneurs struggle to keep their dreams afloat. Let's support local businesses whenever we can.

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member