Why do so many people tell themselves that "life is too short" just before making a poor choice?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.412250
Referral Credit
I have seen so many peoples, including my friends, when they are thinking to make some bad decisions, and when they are about to make some bad move the first word that come from their mouth is "Life is too short". Why are we using this term to make excuse for our actions?

I have seen so many peoples, including my friends, when they are thinking to make some bad decisions, and when they are about to make some bad move the first word that come from their mouth is "Life is too short". Why are we using this term to make excuse for our actions?
They are just using this to justify their action , but for the fact that life is short doesn't mean you should use it the wrong way, you can equally do right knowing well that life is short.

They are just using this to justify their action , but for the fact that life is short doesn't mean you should use it the wrong way, you can equally do right knowing well that life is short.
Yea, we shouldn't use this term to overcome our bad decision, if we want to spend all our money we say " life is to short" and spend it.

You know humans don't like to take responsibility. They want to have something to play their blame games on. What else can they do than blaming their bad decisions on something
You are right, most of the times we need something that we can blame our problems on, and we like to blame someone or something for our failure and for our mistakes.

Like is not too short because God created us in a such a way that we can live for so many years if only we take goood care of ourself. If someone says”life is too short” it’s depending on what has happened to him or what he’s about engaging himself.

Like is not too short because God created us in a such a way that we can live for so many years if only we take goood care of ourself. If someone says”life is too short” it’s depending on what has happened to him or what he’s about engaging himself.
True we have limited time to live in the world, and GOD did that for a reason, but some peoples use the term for bad decisions that they are about to make.

Life is too short to brood over the past and fear about the future. We should remember the past to improve the present but not take wrong decisions.

It's simply just an excuse to justify themselves, meaning since they can't live forever, it's best they just do whatever they want now and not regret it later on in life.

It's simply just an excuse to justify themselves, meaning since they can't live forever, it's best they just do whatever they want now and not regret it later on in life.
Yeah, and that is sad to see that some people don't care about their future and make lots of stupid mistakes, and all their answer was "life is to short." I mean, everyone has almost similar ages, imitating, right? But there are good people who work hard in order to live a good life.

Yeah, and that is sad to see that some people don't care about their future and make lots of stupid mistakes, and all their answer was "life is to short." I mean, everyone has almost similar ages, imitating, right? But there are good people who work hard in order to live a good life.
Yes there are people who take their time before Making any kind of decision, most people tend to judge them or see them as not willing to enjoy life.

Yes there are people who take their time before Making any kind of decision, most people tend to judge them or see them as not willing to enjoy life.
You are right, my college friends used to say that to me; they say that I am not a fun guy to hang with; they say I am wasting my time studying and focusing on my projects.

Am not using such phrase and i will never use it. Negativity should not be tolerated at any given time. I avoid speaking negatives words. Therefore, such words should be avoided.

guilty as charged, as I use this phrase sometimes too, especially when eating my favorite foods 🤭.
and I think it's good to use this phrase once in a while, especially if you've been working hard lately. I mean, life is too short to be unhappy. Don't let the struggles in your life take away your happiness. Pause for a moment to look at the brighter side of life and do what makes you happy for a little while. And if you make a bad choice, it's just a matter of acceptance. It may sometimes be hard, but at least you can learn from it and will not do it again in the future.

13,113Threads
98,549Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member