Why is it ethically wrong to date your friend's or sibling's ex?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.401545
Referral Credit
So many people rule that the ex of their friends or siblings are no go areas for them to be in a romantic relationship with. They see it as unethical. Even if they end up having feelings for the friend's ex or sibling's ex, they would rather bottle it and die in silence.

What makes it wrong to date your friend's or sibling's ex?

Personally, I don't know if it is wrong but I will never date someone that just left my friend or siblings. I can't trust such a person.
What if the person had dated your friend a long time before you knew the person. Won't you date him or her? Btw, the devil you know is better than.....

I think the issue is people just find it kind of awkward dating someone their friend or sibling dated for years and have lots of memories together. Another reason is how are you so sure the feelings are gone completely?

I don't know who made these rules but the guy I am currently dating is a college ex of one of my friends. They broke up 3 years ago and when the guy asked me out, I asked my friend if she has completely gotten over him, and she gave her approval. We started dating and he is a really great guy.

What if the person had dated your friend a long time before you knew the person. Won't you date him or her? Btw, the devil you know is better than.....
Nope, he should go look for another person. So many fishes in the ocean. He needs to run along

13,164Threads
98,836Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member