• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why you should not do grocery business as an only source of Income.

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
I have seen so many people that started selling groceries and also in a very good location. Most of these new grocery setups always crumble not too long after. I did a little dig in to find out why.

And one thing I found common with them was that the owners just had that grocery business as the main source of income.

On days that the business didn't boom well, they would have to eat from the stock in the grocery shop and obtain their utilities from there. With that, the business keeps going down till they can't restock the shop again.

For this very reason, grocery business should not be done as a main income source.

The profit margins for grocery products are very marginal and the line between packing up is not much. That's why it requires tact. Some people make sure that whatever thing they pick from their grocery shops to consume, they pay within a day or two. And that works just fine to keep the business afloat.

Well,that happens because it was a small retail groceries business. Those that runs large companies can depend on it full-time though.
Those that run large groceries shop make sure that for every utility they use from the shop, they pay for it even as business owners. They don't just go and take else the business would still crumble nb

On days that the business didn't boom well, they would have to eat from the stock in the grocery shop and obtain their utilities from there. With that, the business keeps going down till they can't restock the shop again.

For this very reason, grocery business should not be done as a main income source.

This is true in the grocery business, where there are ups and downs in sales. So, there should be backup revenue streams for support during slower periods.

The profit margins for grocery products are very marginal and the line between packing up is not much. That's why it requires tact. Some people make sure that whatever thing they pick from their grocery shops to consume, they pay within a day or two. And that works just fine to keep the business afloat.
I noticed it. The profits is so small that you need to have another source of income to supplement. I wonder how such a low profit oriented business will sustain a family.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member