WIFI or mobile data?

Currently I am using mobile data. I use mobile hotspot and connect my laptop to it. It is not cheap but it is cheaper than have two bills. One some small mobile data package and one for unlimited wifi. Better is just one bill for unlimited mobile data.
I also use the exact same technique: use my mobile data, create a hotspot, and use it with my PC.

I use wifi mostly but do have unlimited mobile data so use that when I'm out. A lot of the wifi's available in stores and fast food places tend to be slower than my mobile data.

I pay $80 NZD a month for my mobile plan which is unlimited data, calls, texts and free voicemail.

I mostly use mobile data, since it is affordable and I can use it even if I travel to another part of the country for personal work. In some places the mobile hotspot is blocked due to hacking.

Connecting to Wi-Fi consumes less battery power than using mobile data, which can be beneficial for extending your device's battery life.

For me l am used to the mobile data. I see WiFi to be very expensive compared to the mobile data.
Really? i thought the internet price in Kenya is chip, i mean that is what many peoples tells us in Ethiopia.

Internet prices do vary for example depending on the service providers, packages, and the region. Wifi does wonders for me. Several family members use it, so it's cheap and convenient for us.

In Kenya internet services are influenced by the type of connection eg Fiber, the speed of the connection also varies, and the data limits. I hope you get what works best for you.

In my case I prefer Wi-Fi whenever I can use it, since it is much faster at least the Wi-Fi I use in my country, the data does not go as fast

We use wifi at home and is shared by everyone in the household. We have wifi at work too but sometimes signal is intermittent so I switched to data. I have mobile data which has no expiry and it serves as my back up especially when am not home or I am travelling.

Using a WiFi service is far cheaper in my country but it has the tendency to be congested and the speed slowed down. That's the major reason I prefer mobile data connection.

It depends on the situation you find yourself in. If it's in a very remote place, it's a good idea to have Wi-Fi because of the quality of the signal. Now if the person uses an operator that has an area everywhere, it is a better chip. Nowadays, with technological advances, both options are valid.

12,012Threads
92,713Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member