• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Will you change your self for the person you love?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.412250
Referral Credit
Love have the power to do many things, and it have a power to change our behavior, our thinking ability and our views, and i am sure we all have witnessed when so many peoples change their behavior and personality for the person they love.
But do you change your self if the person you love tells you to change?

No I wouldn't want to just change myself unless it is really necessary and I have reasons to without that it's a No for me.
So even if you loved that person and the person insisted you to change your behavior still you will not change for them?

Love have the power to do many things, and it have a power to change our behavior, our thinking ability and our views, and i am sure we all have witnessed when so many peoples change their behavior and personality for the person they love.
But do you change your self if the person you love tells you to change?
A person who loves me will accept me as I am. He may point out my short comings that are not good for me but not for his own advantage.

A person who loves me will accept me as I am. He may point out my short comings that are not good for me but not for his own advantage.
Good saying, true if a person loves us then they need to love us for who we are and for ourselves, they don't have to suggest changing our selves for them.

Good saying, true if a person loves us then they need to love us for who we are and for ourselves, they don't have to suggest changing our selves for them.
Trying to change a person for ones own advantage is nothing but scheming but a selfish attitude.

Trying to change a person for ones own advantage is nothing but scheming but a selfish attitude.
You are right that is selfishness, we need to accept the person who we love as they were before, loving includes accepting a persons behavior and personality.

I don't think I'll change for the sake of the person I love. He must accept me for who I am, whether he likes it or not. LOL. I know there is always someone out there who is willing to accept our shortcomings and will always be at our side.

I don't think I'll change for the sake of the person I love. He must accept me for who I am, whether he likes it or not. LOL. I know there is always someone out there who is willing to accept our shortcomings and will always be at our side.
I agree, there is always someone out there who will accept us and don't need any change from us, but sometimes changing for a good thins is better, like if we have addiction then stopping the addiction for those peoples in order to let them know that how much they are to us.

So even if you loved that person and the person insisted you to change your behavior still you will not change for them?
Yeah that's why I wrote if it is necessary. You can't just tell me to change for mundane things like painting my face too much to look too flashy. No I wouldn't as I don't like it

Yeah that's why I wrote if it is necessary. You can't just tell me to change for mundane things like painting my face too much to look too flashy. No I wouldn't as I don't like it
Indeed, by the way accepting our partner as they are is showing them how much we respect them and showing them how much good they are.

That's the way to go, we just have to accept others and not try to change if it's not really necessary
Indeed, by the way accepting our partner as they are is showing them how much we respect them and showing them how much good they are.

That's the way to go, we just have to accept others and not try to change if it's not really necessary
True, but i have seen some of my friends changing for the person they love, even some times they stop the friendship with us because of the person they love.

That could only happens if I have a bad manners or habits, but with this my precious life that am living, no love can makes me change the way I am .

That could only happens if I have a bad manners or habits, but with this my precious life that am living, no love can makes me change the way I am .
Of course we could change our bad behavior and addictions that we have, but changing our true personality is not an easy things.

If you love someone and they love you back I think they will change for you but if the love is one sided, then the partner may see change as a disturbance.

It's depend, because for me, the friendship I want to someone who is crazy. Because normal people won't not understand my lifestyle. You know what crazy means?

Haha I can do that to my self o if I do like that, that means I love someone pas my self then is not good to love someone pas your own self and if I do like that I am not okay probably.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much brother I really like what you are saying nothing or let me said this why no love can can make me to change my self or to change the way I am.

Last edited:
11,642Threads
90,713Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member