• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Would Bluetooth connected speakers get to completely replace wired speakers?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
Over the last few years, there has been a rise in the sales and usage of speakers that connect to the sound source through Bluetooth. Most homes now have Bluetooth connected home theater and sound systems against the wired speaker connection we traditionally know.

Do you think that as time goes on, wired connection in speakers would completely fade away or big speakers would continue to use wires for their connection?

I don't think so. This is because the bluetooth according to my observations works on small kinds of speakers mostly the portable speaker to be precise.
Don't you think that the way it is going, there would be full range speakers and woofers that would be enabled to be connected through Bluetooth? I know of sub woofers that have Bluetooth connection to the sound source.

I doubt it would completely take over or replace the use of wired headsets and the likes, but a large number of persons would definitely prefer using Bluetooth devices. Personally I prefer using Bluetooth devices.

Let's give it the next 10 years and see. I know that the goal of technology is to reduce physical traceable connections as much as possible. If it doesn't happen in the next 10 years, it would surely happen that Bluetooth speakers would replace wired speakers completely in 20 years.

I know that Bluetooth technology can easily lose signal with a small interruption. Maybe, that might be the only reason why wired speakers might still be preferred.

12,042Threads
92,874Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member