Would you allow your staff to run their businesses within your business?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.043108
Referral Credit
There are some staff of organizations that sell different things in their workplaces. They sell snacks and soft drinks in their workplace.

As a business owner, would you allow your staff to be running their own businesses within your own business?

If it is helping their financial lives, it is okay. The only challenge is when that their business interferes with their job for my organisation. If they can balance it, there is no problems about that.

Many workplaces allow their staff to sell snacks, and other edibles in the office. And I don't see anything wrong with a staff trying to boost his or her income.

Many workplaces allow their staff to sell snacks, and other edibles in the office. And I don't see anything wrong with a staff trying to boost his or her income.
Yes as long as it does not affect the main business and it does not cause any from of distraction, then they are free to go ahead.

That's big no for me. If I allow them, they will become less sincere to my business
That's another angle to look at it. But it depends on the nature of the business that they want to run within your organisation.

For this kind of business, a staff of mine would be allowed to run it in the business premises. And I would even be a regular patron.

I noticed this too, especially in schools. it is just to ensure that they do it rightly so that it doesn't interfere with their jobs

13,033Threads
98,046Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member