• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Would you consider a free public school to a private school to save costs?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.381705
Referral Credit
One major expenses that most families face is having to pay fees. And often, the choice is always between a private school that charges tuition and a public school that is tuition free.

Would it be a wise financial choice to enroll your child in a free public school or you would bear the expenses for your child to get the convenience of a private school?

I will prefer public school than private schools. Public schools follow proper and recommended curriculums. Most private schools don't employ qualified teachers. Private schools don't have the amenities, equipments and laboratories like public schools.
That actual depends on the terrain from which you operate from. In some terrains, public school are a complete mess and you would ruin your child's future enrolling him or her there. In such climes, you better splash the cash and give your child the best.

One major expenses that most families face is having to pay fees. And often, the choice is always between a private school that charges tuition and a public school that is tuition free.

Would it be a wise financial choice to enroll your child in a free public school or you would bear the expenses for your child to get the convenience of a private school?
In India we call these schools as government schools where the teachers invariably don't come to class properly and don't teach. So I and my sons all went to private schools.

It all depends on the parents. For me it's best to send our kids to private schools. The facilties are complete the teachers are skilled and teach well following the vision, mission, and goals of the private institution. The kids are updated and learn well.

Go for what you can afford, your kids school doesn't determine 100% whether he/she will come out intelligent. Even if they attend public school make sure they find time to study at home cause that's the most important thing for me. Someone can attend a public school and still be more intelligent than those in private schools.

If you have money, don't make the mistake of enrolling your child in the kind of public schools found in my country. It would take something else to ever shape the future of that child after that.

If you have money, don't make the mistake of enrolling your child in the kind of public schools found in my country. It would take something else to ever shape the future of that child after that.
LoL, it id not all that is this bad. it is just that majority ard not well funded and equipped making a mess of the better ones

LoL, it id not all that is this bad. it is just that majority ard not well funded and equipped making a mess of the better ones
Even the ones that might be well funded are under staffed. There is no way a child is going to benefit from a school that one teacher covers 300 students. Splash the cash and enroll your kids in a good school.

Even the ones that might be well funded are under staffed. There is no way a child is going to benefit from a school that one teacher covers 300 students. Splash the cash and enroll your kids in a good school.
Well, a lot of parents enrol their kids in public schools due to lack of cash. So they might not have any alternative than doing it the way they can.

Private schools are always better though some are very expensive. But you would be helping your child to grow better with a good private school
Of course it is, because children are our future and you definitely cannot save on this and you need to find other ways in order to give the child the best

In India we call these schools as government schools where the teachers invariably don't come to class properly and don't teach. So I and my sons all went to private schools.
It looks like the Mercosur Bigs. Public school is for very committed students full of willpower to overcome the public school issues and very committed families, because a lot of them face teachers' strikes during months. At the end, most of the students don't own the proper cultural background to overcome the public university placement test (public universities are the other way round compared to schools: they are the best, while most of the private universities fall short). On the other hand, private schools are expensive and in my country it happens many families live like beggars to insist on sending their children to private schools. The beg money or goods to relatives and friends to make ends meet because they pay for a school they can't afford.

It looks like the Mercosur Bigs. Public school is for very committed students full of willpower to overcome the public school issues and very committed families, because a lot of them face teachers' strikes during months. At the end, most of the students don't own the proper cultural background to overcome the public university placement test (public universities are the other way round compared to schools: they are the best, while most of the private universities fall short). On the other hand, private schools are expensive and in my country it happens many families live like beggars to insist on sending their children to private schools. The beg money or goods to relatives and friends to make ends meet because they pay for a school they can't afford.
In India the poor and lower middle class can't afford to send their children to private school.

12,060Threads
92,991Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member