Would you marry or settle with someone without the agreement of your family?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.755108
Referral Credit
They always say that family is all we have got. There are times that we love someone but for some reason, our family doesn't love the person and are against us settling with the person.

If you were in that shoe, would you damn your family and stick to the person you love or would you dump the person to please your family?

I experienced it when I was 17, my boyfriend proposed marriage. I was young but in love, but before I said, yes, I asked my family especially my dad and elder brother. My dad didn't permit me to marry at a young age. My brother seconded a Big NO because he learned that my boyfriend that time has another girlfriend which he junked because he loved me than the other one. I was hurt so I told the guy to to on his way as I go mine. He cried instantly but my decision was final. It's not good to decide impulsively.

They always say that family is all we have got. There are times that we love someone but for some reason, our family doesn't love the person and are against us settling with the person.

If you were in that shoe, would you damn your family and stick to the person you love or would you dump the person to please your family?
If a person loves me whole heartedly I would move away from my family members who are against him.

Well, if that person truly loves me, I will marry him, even if my family hates him. Family members can be selfish at times, especially when their children are the breadwinners. I've heard a lot of stories like that, and I'm sad for those who can't live a good life because their families control them.

Though I really hope I don't find myself in such a situation cause to be honest I don't know what I would do. We humans can be unpredictable most times. We might say we would react in a certain way now, but when we actually find ourselves in that situation how we react might be different.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member