Have you hosted any contest but no one joined? | Discussion Bucks

Have you hosted any contest but no one joined?

Heatman

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Gold Supporter
Novice Scribe
Sep 5, 2023
D Bucks
💵4.068000
Referral Credit
Forum contest are set up to bring more activities and traffic to the community. Participants get to win cash prizes at the end of the contest.

Unfortunately, I've been in a forum where a contest was held but members hardly took any part in it. The contest only managed to get 2 participants which was very poor.

Have you hosted any contest in your forum but no one joined?

I have never hosted any contest on the forums. I can say that l am not into that kind of venture for now. However l would think about that in the near future.

I have never hosted any contest and will not in the future. Contest always bring rivalry and jealousy. Everything that involves competition and challenge is against my natural inclination.

I have seen this happen on Bizdustry. I think users were expected to part with $10 to win a branded Bizdustry T shirt. Only one person joined the contest b

I have not hosted a contest only participated and it was on Speak Chat Forum. I won $60. I'm sad until this time because that site was abandoned by it's owner.

In the past not just myself but me and some other persons hosted a competition, but it was just one person who came 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Starmix
In the past not just myself but me and some other persons hosted a competition, but it was just one person who came 😂
What a funny competition was it only one person came. Hoping that only person was rewarded the winner. Maybe your ticket was expensive 😁.

• Haha
Reactions: eLdavis
What a funny competition was it only one person came. Hoping that only person was rewarded the winner. Maybe your ticket was expensive 😁.
LoL it was actually a free contest, but I guess we didn't really do enough publicity to attract more persons.

LoL it was actually a free contest, but I guess we didn't really do enough publicity to attract more persons.
OMG, you should have advertised it on the local TV or radio and even through word of mouth.

OMG, you should have advertised it on the local TV or radio and even through word of mouth.
LoL we did word of mouth advertising but we didn't have enough funds for an advertisement with the local TV. And that's just how things are over here, the crowd can be pretty brutal to brands or things they don't know.

It is not easy to host a contest and get quality results in most instances because people do not find it easy to convince others how valuable that project is. Take for example if we are to promote paid-to-post sites to our friends. They will not take it seriously. They will think that we are jokers. So that is why it is important to start targeting people that will resonate with you first. This is the approach I have started taking.

It is not easy to host a contest and get quality results in most instances because people do not find it easy to convince others how valuable that project is. Take for example if we are to promote paid-to-post sites to our friends. They will not take it seriously. They will think that we are jokers. So that is why it is important to start targeting people that will resonate with you first. This is the approach I have started taking.
This is because every thing is becoming expensive from the bottle of water to the coffee that you drink every day to makeovers relooking prices than 1 $ or 2 $ a day is not something that could be a serious source of income especially since everything price is going to exponential. Add to microjobs or paid to post you must have serious earning opportunity like purchase connects on upwork and submit for projects or similar tricks like we work remotely or for example guru com or remotebase or turing or all these serious working platforms. This is because to earn something reasonable and PTP or microjobs comes as second earning opportunity.

• Love
Reactions: Carson20t
I have in the past hosted contests that have not had anyone join. It can be disheartening to go through that but it can also teach you to do things differently the next time you choose to host a contest for it to be successful the next time.

Hosting contest to spur up activities on your site and you didn't have anyone participating could really wreck your sanity. It would take a whole lot for you to get to run another one if you are not mentally strong.

I had few contents on my old website. Something like lottery but nobody didn't join it. I guess rewards were to small. 5-10 cents didn't attract people even I had idea increase awards later.

This has happened to me once. I hosted a writing contest on my multi author blog but there was just one participant.