1st vape-related death in PH recorded; DOH, PGH raise warning

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
The DOH officials were calling the government and the parents to save the youths from the danger of electronic cigarettes. The DOH observed that more and more youths are using vaping products. The Department of Health ( DOH) and the medical community warn that vape not only causes lung injury to a healthy young person but also heart attack.

Dr. Margarita Isabel Fernandez and other doctors of the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) in Manila published in the Respirology Case Reports journal of the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology in April, a 22-year-old Filipino male with no prior health issues suffered a fatal heart attack, following severe lung injury possibly attributed to his daily vape use. This was the first vape-related death documented in the country.

According to the researchers, the patient had no history of cigarette smoking and was not an alcohol drinker nor a user of any illegal drugs. He had also not been infected with COVID-19. He was using vape daily for about two years. Parents must take action on this for their young children to avoid using electronic cigarettes.

1717310263285.png 1717310263285.png

I do not understand why people engage in behaviors that can potentially lead to chronic illnesses later. I do not have any vices, but I still developed a chronic illness. What about those who vape every day? It is scary.
Those who smoke vape no longer likes to live too long. They're erratic and abusive to their health. They think that they're young and never die.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member