20,000 workers given weeks to leave Philippines after ban on gambling operations linked to scams

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.223050
Referral Credit
According to the report, the Philippines has ordered an estimated 20,000 foreigners working in mostly Chinese-owned offshore gambling firms to leave the country within 60 days.

The report said that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr on Monday banned the Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs) for their alleged links to crimes, human trafficking, and financial scams, and gave the gaming regulator until the end of the year to shut the businesses down.

They are disguising as legitimate entities, but their operations have ventured into illicit areas furthest from gaming such as financial scamming, money laundering, prostitution, human trafficking, kidnapping, brutal torture, even murder," President Marcos said in his address. "The grave abuse and disrespect to our system of laws must stop."

The report added that thousands of Chinese, Vietnamese, and other nationals mostly from South-East Asia have been illegally recruited with promises of high salaries but later forced to work in dismal conditions and threatened with severe harm if they disobeyed orders or tried to escape.

News credit to Asia Pacific Newspaper

That's a good move, I have never really been much of a fan of gambling from the very beginning. And if people are using it to carry out crime activities, then it should be stopped.

That's a good move, I have never really been much of a fan of gambling from the very beginning. And if people are using it to carry out crime activities, then it should be stopped.
There are many here in my country, and the masterminds are Chinese. They are having their hideouts but are thankful to the authorities especially the NBI they were able to track down the illegal gamblers using fake entries in the Philippines.

This is a bad one but still good for the people as gambling would be stopped somehow. I don't like the idea of gambling for youths
All gambling activities are now banned in the Philippines. They are victimising innocent people who want to become rich illegally.

There are many here in my country, and the masterminds are Chinese. They are having their hideouts but are thankful to the authorities especially the NBI they were able to track down the illegal gamblers using fake entries in the Philippines.
Only God knows how many people might have already fallen as victims so far. Thank God they where caught.

Only God knows how many people might have already fallen as victims so far. Thank God they where caught.
Yes, there are many of them. They multiply because there is a politician Chinese who won the election vote buying was the cause of her winning.

All gambling activities are now banned in the Philippines. They are victimising innocent people who want to become rich illegally.
I hope this would impactful.to a lot of people. I don't even like the act of gambling. it's bad for me

I hope this would impactful.to a lot of people. I don't even like the act of gambling. it's bad for me
There are many illegal gambling here and all are managed by the Chinese, but they are caught and jailed. Others are still hiding.

13,246Threads
99,226Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member