70,000 Naira, the new minimum wage in Nigeria

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.096950
Referral Credit
Organised Labour leaders have confirmed accepting the N70,000 minimum wage as President Bola Tinubu approved for Nigerian workers.

Speaking after the meeting, Comrade Joe Ajaero, President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), flanked by Comrade Festus Usifo, President of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), and other representatives of Nigerian workers, said the unions agreed to the offer because of other incentives attached.

How much is that minimum in US dollars mate? Is it enough for you and others? I sensed a minimum increase than in the previous as reported by you last time.
With the current exchange rate, 70,000 naira should be around 42 or 43 dollars, not even to $50 so it still won't be enough to do much, especially for those who have families.

With the current exchange rate, 70,000 naira should be around 42 or 43 dollars, not even to $50 so it still won't be enough to do much, especially for those who have families.

I don't think it is easy to survive with that much money. Here too the minimum wage for unskilled labour is $64 per month. I don't think a person may be able to manage his home with this much money.

Nah, it is very small, how can the people survive with that amount? Well, anyway, that is additional to the previous and it's better than no increase at all.

That amount is small there is no denying that fact @Sanjeev and @Starmix at present if you really want to stock your house with food provision for a month or two, you will definitely spend that or even more. And you will still have to worry about school fees for the children, paying rent and so on.

It's better for the breadwinners to have a side hustle if there are available if not they have to do a small business to augment their expenses.
I agree with you the money is still very small for an average Nigerian especially those with families. They can't survive this way. They would need to have side hustles

I agree with you the money is still very small for an average Nigerian especially those with families. They can't survive this way. They would need to have side hustles
Family planning must also be imposed so there will be few mouths to feed. Also, the government must create a law prohibiting an early marriage, not 15 but at least 29 or up. That is what's happening in Ph, no to early marriage. They will be penalized. It must be age 28.

Family planning must also be imposed so there will be few mouths to feed. Also, the government must create a law prohibiting an early marriage, not 15 but at least 29 or up. That is what's happening in Ph, no to early marriage. They will be penalized. It must be age 28.
That's right as we are fighting the government to do right we should also do right too as citizens. We need to avoid over population

That's right as we are fighting the government to do right we should also do right too as citizens. We need to avoid over population
Overpopulation is one cause of poverty. Instead of making money, making baby factory,lol. The couple must plan well not plant well.

13,246Threads
99,226Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member