Profit Partner
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.000000
Referral Credit
Dear Discussion Bucks Community,

Since I first created Discussion Bucks in mid-September of 2023, and with our official launch on October 2nd, it has been an incredible journey. Over the last year, we have grown beyond what I could have imagined. In under a year, we’ve seen over 92,000 replies across nearly 12,000 discussions, averaging about 264 replies per day, 1,845 replies per week, and 8,024 replies per month. We’ve welcomed over 285 new members, and we’ve experienced the natural ups and downs of growth. Through it all, Discussion Bucks has thrived, and I couldn’t be more proud of what we’ve accomplished together.

To date, Discussion Bucks has paid its members exactly $1,449.06 across 148 transactions, averaging about $9.79 per transaction. On a larger scale, that’s approximately $4.14 per day, $28.98 per week, and $126.03 per month since our official launch. I’m incredibly proud that, thanks to our supportive community and partnerships, we’ve been able to cover these expenses, along with others.

With this in mind, I must announce that I will be stepping down from my role as owner of Discussion Bucks in the next few weeks. After much thought, I’ve decided to hand over the reins to Fords8, who has been with me since the very beginning. He has been an invaluable part of this community’s growth and development, and I trust that he will continue to nurture and expand on our vision.

This transition wasn’t part of my original plan, but as my personal life evolves, I believe this is the best path forward for the community. Between increasing personal commitments—such as my involvement in a new church, the return of my bowling league, and a changing work schedule—I no longer have the capacity to dedicate the time and financial resources needed to keep Discussion Bucks running at its full potential.

Rest assured, this is not goodbye. I will remain an admin on the forum, continuing to be an active part of the community in a different capacity. I’m excited to reconnect with you all, not just as the person behind the scenes but as a more active participant in discussions and events. The best days of Discussion Bucks are still ahead, and I’m confident Fords8 will guide us through this next chapter smoothly.

To our members: You will not lose any D Bucks or balance on your accounts, and all withdrawals will continue as scheduled. The transition will be seamless, and I’ll be working closely with Fords8 to ensure everything goes smoothly.

As we move forward, I want to thank you for your unwavering support and remind you that we are still competing in the Agora Forum referral contest. We’re just 3 referrals (we may need more, there's one individual on Agora that is currently ahead of us by 2 referrals) away from securing the first-place prize of $200, and should we win, all funds will be reinvested into Discussion Bucks.

Thank you all for being a part of this amazing journey. It has been an honor to lead this community, and I’m excited for what’s to come. Let’s continue building together—our best days are yet to come!

Warm regards,
Devin
Founder of Discussion Bucks

Oh wow, I know it was not an easy decision to make, and I can totally understand your reason. I have not been totally active here for some weeks now as well due to personal issues so I get it, it's not easy. That by the side, you have done an amazing job so far with discussion bucks and it is mainly due to how you have been handling things that have made people like me and probably others keep being a part of the forums. We are definitely going to miss you, though it's reassuring that you are still going to be a part of us as an admin, and if you are confident in @fords8 then i believe the forum is in good hands. Well done @Devin and congratulations @fords8 can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

It's so sad news. DBucks is not yet one year old and here comes you again stepping down as the owner to this wonderful site you've sacrificed to create and wished to stand strong.

You understand better than us on what's behind your struggles and decisions, so there is nothing we can do but accept the fate of Discussion Bucks and embrace the new journey that will navigate under the new owner.

As you see, Devin, I am faithful and supportive to Discussion Bucks that I never missed to visit in a single day despite the drastic rate reduction and kept on upgrading just to show my support and loyalty. I love Discussion Bucks and will continue to support under the new owner. Thank you so much for your dedication and support to the members of your forum. God bless you more and we love you.

Oh wow, I know it was not an easy decision to make, and I can totally understand your reason. I have not been totally active here for some weeks now as well due to personal issues so I get it, it's not easy. That by the side, you have done an amazing job so far with discussion bucks and it is mainly due to how you have been handling things that have made people like me and probably others keep being a part of the forums. We are definitely going to miss you, though it's reassuring that you are still going to be a part of us as an admin, and if you are confident in @fords8 then i believe the forum is in good hands. Well done @Devin and congratulations @fords8 can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll definitely still be around, and with this transition, it might actually feel like I’m more present than before. While I’ve always checked in on Discussion Bucks at least once a day, most of my time was spent handling administrative tasks behind the scenes. I rarely had the chance to truly participate in member conversations, offer personal services in the marketplace, or just enjoy the community from a different perspective.

Now, with this change, I’ll be able to engage more actively with everyone here, and I’m even planning to take a much-needed break. Running an online forum—especially one that involves processing payments, answering questions, introducing new features, and managing partnerships—can be exhausting. But it’s been a rewarding journey.

I’m also confident that if the economy improves and my financial situation changes, Ford would be open to letting me buy back a portion of the ownership. Discussion Bucks feels like my own child, and even though I won’t be the official “owner,” I’m certainly not going anywhere.

It's so sad news. DBucks is not yet one year old and here comes you again stepping down as the owner to this wonderful site you've sacrificed to create and wished to stand strong.

You understand better than us on what's behind your struggles and decisions, so there is nothing we can do but accept the fate of Discussion Bucks and embrace the new journey that will navigate under the new owner.

As you see, Devin, I am faithful and supportive to Discussion Bucks that I never missed to visit in a single day despite the drastic rate reduction and kept on upgrading just to show my support and loyalty. I love Discussion Bucks and will continue to support under the new owner. Thank you so much for your dedication and support to the members of your forum. God bless you more and we love you.
Thank you so much for your heartfelt words and continued support. It truly means a lot to me to know how faithful and dedicated you've been to Discussion Bucks, even during challenging times like the rate reduction. I deeply appreciate your loyalty and commitment to the community.

Stepping down as the owner wasn’t an easy decision, but it’s something I felt was necessary for the long-term success of the forum and for my own well-being. I’m confident that under Ford’s leadership, Discussion Bucks will continue to grow and flourish. Your unwavering support, along with the rest of the community, is what makes this transition smoother and ensures that the heart of Discussion Bucks remains strong.

Even though I’m stepping back from ownership, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be here, participating more and engaging in conversations with everyone. Your words remind me why this community is so special, and I’m grateful to be part of it in a new way. God bless you, too, and I’m excited to continue this journey alongside you. We’re just getting started!

With this in mind, I must announce that I will be stepping down from my role as owner of Discussion Bucks in the next few weeks. After much thought, I’ve decided to hand over the reins to Fords8, who has been with me since the very beginning. He has been an invaluable part of this community’s growth and development, and I trust that he will continue to nurture and expand on our vision.
You've been (and have always been) a standup guy here, Devin; here's wishing you the best on wherever life takes you! :) 🫂

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll definitely still be around, and with this transition, it might actually feel like I’m more present than before. While I’ve always checked in on Discussion Bucks at least once a day, most of my time was spent handling administrative tasks behind the scenes. I rarely had the chance to truly participate in member conversations, offer personal services in the marketplace, or just enjoy the community from a different perspective.

Now, with this change, I’ll be able to engage more actively with everyone here, and I’m even planning to take a much-needed break. Running an online forum—especially one that involves processing payments, answering questions, introducing new features, and managing partnerships—can be exhausting. But it’s been a rewarding journey.

I’m also confident that if the economy improves and my financial situation changes, Ford would be open to letting me buy back a portion of the ownership. Discussion Bucks feels like my own child, and even though I won’t be the official “owner,” I’m certainly not going anywhere.

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words and continued support. It truly means a lot to me to know how faithful and dedicated you've been to Discussion Bucks, even during challenging times like the rate reduction. I deeply appreciate your loyalty and commitment to the community.

Stepping down as the owner wasn’t an easy decision, but it’s something I felt was necessary for the long-term success of the forum and for my own well-being. I’m confident that under Ford’s leadership, Discussion Bucks will continue to grow and flourish. Your unwavering support, along with the rest of the community, is what makes this transition smoother and ensures that the heart of Discussion Bucks remains strong.

Even though I’m stepping back from ownership, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be here, participating more and engaging in conversations with everyone. Your words remind me why this community is so special, and I’m grateful to be part of it in a new way. God bless you, too, and I’m excited to continue this journey alongside you. We’re just getting started!
Thank you so much, Devin. I understand the struggles you feel. I'm happy that despite you step down, you're still with us. Thank you so much for you time building this wonderful forum. God bless you more and your family.

I know how life takes turns, @Devin I wish you the best, and the same for @fords8.
DiscussionBucks has been one of the greatest forums around, and I have no doubt it will continue to thrive!

This is sad. I understand the pressure of having many responsibilities, Devin. Best of luck with your new ventures. We will keep supporting DB. Thank you for being a trustworthy and reliable forum owner. We are grateful for all the hard work you put in to compensate the members. God bless!

I am sure @fords8 will do a great job!

I'm sure you will be missed, Devin. I admittedly was not very active on this site for a long time for many reasons, I couldn't wrap my head around the old layout of the site and such, and I also had a lot of personal stuff going on myself at various points and still do. But I saw the email for this announcement and logged in, seeing the forum the way it is now has inspired me to give it another chance to be a place I would grow to love and grow my business and person. I look forward to seeing you around still. :)

Hello Devin,
I have worked on your multiple projects and I feel happy that I get to know a guy like you in my online journey. I know you will not sit ideal and you will come up with new project in the future. And when you do that I will surely want to work on that project as well.
I have known Fords8 through his various projects, he has even helped me to sort out issues with my community, and I know he is a capable individual to steer Discussion Buck community.
I welcome the new changes.

Good evening @Devin, as the other users, I'm sad you go, but I understand your offline life is demanding. I understand your engagement in a new church must be the priority because God must be above everything in our life. He gave His Only Begotten Son for the sake of our salvation, so we must show gratitude. God bless your new activity.
Welcome to @fords8

Thank you @Devin for all the hard work you've put into making Discussion Bucks the vibrant community it is today.

I’m excited to see @fords8 step into this role, I have no doubt he'll carry on your vision effectively.

Best wishes on your new adventures, and see you around the forum!

I figured I would wait a few days before I said anything in this topic. Of course a big thanks goes out to @Devin for all the stuff he has done with Discussion Bucks. He has done a great job. And has become a pretty good friend of mine. He will be around Discussion Bucks helping me out and hanging with us when he can.

Big shout out to all the Discussion Bucks users. Our first year (almost first) has been pretty good. And I would like to thank everyone.

Like @Devin has been keeping everyone updated, I’ll now be doing the same. So look for an announcement soon. I will tell you that we have a software update that needs to be done. I will post a notice about it. Let everyone know a few days a head of time.

@Devin and I have been working on transferring everything over to me. Things are going well, but we still have more to do.

Have a few ideas in my head. Get our members earning a few extra D-Bucks. But more to come about that later.

12,033Threads
92,814Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member