Announcement - A Crucial Update on Our Fight Against Spam and AI-Generated Posts | Discussion Bucks

Announcement A Crucial Update on Our Fight Against Spam and AI-Generated Posts

Devin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Novice Scribe
Sep 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵29.291225
Referral Credit
Hello Discussion Bucks Community,

I trust this message reaches you in good spirits. Today, I find it necessary to bring up a crucial issue that has been affecting our community: the noticeable increase in spam and the utilization of artificial intelligence for post-generation.

We have identified that certain members of our community have been indulging in these practices. This not only breaches our community guidelines but also significantly detracts from the quality and authenticity of our discussions. Regrettably, this has led to the removal of over 3,000 posts from our platform, a situation we find deeply unfortunate.

At Discussion Bucks, we are dedicated to cultivating an environment that is both genuine and engaging for every member. The act of spamming our forum or resorting to AI for content creation impedes the progress and value we collectively aspire to achieve.

To address this, we are in the process of introducing new measures to prevent spam, which will be rolled out in the upcoming weeks. These measures are being put in place to uphold the high standards of our forum and guarantee the genuineness and relevance of all interactions here.

We want to make it clear that strict enforcement of these rules will be in effect. Any member found participating in spam activities or using artificial means to generate content will face severe consequences. Our intention is not to limit expression but to safeguard the integrity and originality of our platform.

Your understanding and cooperation in this regard are highly valued. Together, we can ensure that Discussion Bucks remains a dynamic and meaningful space for authentic discussions and connections.

Thank you for your ongoing support and for being an integral part of our community.

Best wishes,

Devin

It saddens me that this kind of thing is happening in a forum where people just have to come and express their opinions and nothing more than that.

• Like Button
Reactions: saoussen5765
The main poisons on forum sites are spam (offtopic), plagiarism, AI content, and I will always report if I find it by chance. I think it would be good if moderators or staff often tested posts and threads and deleted them, provided the necessary warnings with proof of links or screenshots.

• Like Button
Reactions: Carson20t
Thanks for the information. Ai is posing a serious problem to writers and forum posters. I think any writer who uses AI is actually contributing to our problems.

Since chatGPT (and similar) was born, it didn't stop to create havoc among PTWs. None of the English language based forum I know escaped from such a mishap. That's why I believe chatGPT is more harmful than benefits creator (even if it isn't AI's fault in itself, it's users' misuse of AI. I'm sorry cause this umpteenth mishap jeopardizing a PTP forum.

• Like Button
Reactions: pinway