An Overview of the Philippines’ Electric Vehicle Market

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.781600
Referral Credit
According to the Philippines’ Land Transportation Office (LTO), there were 11,950 electric vehicles registered with the agency between 2010 and 2019. In this period, cars, sport utility vehicles (SUV), and utility vehicles made up only 7.5% of registrations, around 896 units. In 2024, it is estimated around an additional 2000 electric cars so, all in all 13, 950 electric cars running throughout the Philippines.

There are a total of 36 Electric Car models available in the Philippines. Jetour, BYD T3, MG, KIA, BYD Dolphin, MG 4 EV, Kia EV6, and Nissan are the most popular Electric Car brands in the Philippines. They are priced at ₱663,000 and the most expensive one is BMW i7 2023 for ₱10.39 Million. But the figure is low compared to the sales in Thailand, said a source because in Thailand there are already 800,000 units of EVs in 2020 and the more this time.

In August, the Department of Energy (DOE) began a series of public consultations for the development of the Philippine EV roadmap. This program aims to support the expansion of the Philippines’ electric vehicle market, and the government believes this is the right period to accelerate EV adoption in the country.

Yeah, Thailand owns almost 1 million electric vehicles. People, there are supportive of stopping the potential pollution in their country.
I think other countries should follow suit. We need to stop car pollution as much as we can. it is for our good.

I think other countries should follow suit. We need to stop car pollution as much as we can. it is for our good.
I find electric cars expensive for me. I want to buy an electric vehicle and the lowest price is almost one million. My swift Zusuki is one year old. I better be wise.

I find electric cars expensive for me. I want to buy an electric vehicle and the lowest price is almost one million. My swift Zusuki is one year old. I better be wise.
Hehehe. you better be wise Mate. but you can still save up to buy one for yourself later on. it would be nice to own an electric car.

Hehehe. you better be wise Mate. but you can still save up to buy one for yourself later on. it would be nice to own an electric car.
I am so curious or envious lol. My friend has just bought an electric vehicle but she told me that she found it hard to charge because the charging station is far. How nice if I have a huge capital to operate a charging station for EVs.

I am so curious or envious lol. My friend has just bought an electric vehicle but she told me that she found it hard to charge because the charging station is far. How nice if I have a huge capital to operate a charging station for EVs.
Yeah charging station business will be money spinner as they are not much now. Maybe taking a huge loan to start might just be the way out

Yeah charging station business will be money spinner as they are not much now. Maybe taking a huge loan to start might just be the way out
Nah, it isn't good to apply for a bank loan and the worth will be millions. It is so scary for me being single, lol. It takes years to pay a loan. scary, mate.:LOL:

Last edited:
Mah, it isn't good to apply for a bank loan and the worth will be millions. It is so scary for me being single, lol. It takes years to ay a loan. scary, mate.:LOL:
Yeah you are right but you know owning a big business comes with taking a huge risk but it should be a calculated risk though

Yeah you are right but you know owning a big business comes with taking a huge risk but it should be a calculated risk though
I won't gamble. Money gone is hard to replace. It's better be safe than sorry. The charging area must have a concrete edifice, tiled flooring, galvanised roofing and an accurate charging outlets. The charging space must be spacious like a gasoline station facade.

I won't gamble. Money gone is hard to replace. It's better be safe than sorry. The charging area must have a concrete edifice, tiled flooring, galvanised roofing and an accurate charging outlets. The charging space must be spacious like a gasoline station facade.
Yesh and all of that will cost money to put up. it needs one with good capital because it is capital intensive

Yesh and all of that will cost money to put up. it needs one with good capital because it is capital intensive
That is right, only millionaires can afford it. Lucky are those millionaires, They burn their midnight candles just to study how to become rich and plan well their plans.

That is right, only millionaires can afford it. Lucky are those millionaires, They burn their midnight candles just to study how to become rich and plan well their plans.
Yeah that's the mindsets of the rich they always take advantage of avenues thst would make them richer

Yeah that's the mindsets of the rich they always take advantage of avenues thst would make them richer
That is true, In my country some doubtful people became rich and they were discovered by the former President of the Philippines, former Pres. Duterte. They were discovered as drulords making them insanely rich. Some of them were killed on the spot.They were caught in the act of selling drugs.

That is true, In my country some doubtful people became rich and they were discovered by the former President of the Philippines, former Pres. Duterte. They were discovered as drulords making them insanely rich. Some of them were killed on the spot.They were caught in the act of selling drugs.
Yeah when once one go into drugs it is to make very big money and this has made people to want to always go into it.

Yeah when once one go into drugs it is to make very big money and this has made people to want to always go into it.
There are so many electric vehicles now in my country and I aspire to have one dunno the price yet of an electric vehicle? It seems thrilling.

It will increase as time goes by, as it can help protect the environment. I hope they will add more fast-charging infrastructure, though, to avoid range anxiety.
In CDO, there are already 30 charging stations of electric vehicles all in all 3000 in the entire Philippines. Manila has many electric vehicles owners.

There are so many electric vehicles now in my country and I aspire to have one dunno the price yet of an electric vehicle? It seems thrilling.
The cheapest electric car which the sedan electric car is about $40,500 and federal EV tax is about $7000. So Mate you can go for it.

13,179Threads
98,931Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member