• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Are you a fan of seafood?

Here too, seafood are expensive and treated as exquisite dishes. Some dishes in a fancy restaurant can be a bomb on our pocket. Since, we stay away from coastal area, getting fresh seafood is a challenge. We mostly get those frozen ones and that too at higher price. Its not economic to include them in daily meals. However, people staying near coasts have them as their staple source of protein.

If fish count as seafood then i love seafood, lol but to speak the truth i am not a fan of seafood, i have very little choice of foods, and my food menu is very small, don't have that much of favorite foods,
If the fish is from sea, it would be considered as sea fish. I am a vegetarian by choice. But I cook fish and chicken for my husband and daughters. They are allergic to seafood and I make sure that I bring only freshwater fish to home

If the fish is from sea, it would be considered as sea fish. I am a vegetarian by choice. But I cook fish and chicken for my husband and daughters. They are allergic to seafood and I make sure that I bring only freshwater fish to home
In Ethiopia, most of our foods are vegetable-based, and all the time we eat vegetables, but we also eat meat. It is good for our health to eat vegetables every day.

Seafood is right on top of my short list of things that are good to eat, especially if I can gather it myself. Since I live near enough tom the Pacific Ocean that happens a lot. My favorite is a trip to Alaska to catch Salmon, but closer to home and easier to succeed with are clam digging and crabbing. A few bucks for a license is the only expense and it has always been worth it for me.

I love fish and seafood, since I was very young in the country where I live, there is an abundance of fishing and fish in general, and it is not as expensive as in other countries where it is not so common, so I am very used to eating seafood and fish

Seafood is right on top of my short list of things that are good to eat, especially if I can gather it myself. Since I live near enough tom the Pacific Ocean that happens a lot. My favorite is a trip to Alaska to catch Salmon, but closer to home and easier to succeed with are clam digging and crabbing. A few bucks for a license is the only expense and it has always been worth it for me.
Wow! That sounds cool. I am sure that it must be fun for you to go for gathering it. And it's quite economical for you too. Seafood are exclusive and expensive ones here and they make for fancy meals. It is great that you are getting yours fresh and at a cheaper price( you just need to pay for your license).

In Ethiopia, most of our foods are vegetable-based, and all the time we eat vegetables, but we also eat meat. It is good for our health to eat vegetables every day.
Yes, it's good to include more vegetables in our daily diet. They are rich source of fibers and so many vitamins and micronutrients. Even for meat based diets, one should include more and more veggies. We need a lots of fibers to absorb animal protein in our system.

Wow, lucky you. I wish I could eat fresh seafood every morning too.
Post automatically merged:

Crab is also expensive here; that's why I don't see it very often being sold in our market. I haven't eaten it either for a while. I miss eating chili crab.

Yes, you are right. They are also rich in vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.

Oh, that's unfortunate indeed. We get to experience that too, since one of my nephews has asthma. Whenever we have seafood, we always make sure to cook other dishes that do not have seafood so he can still eat with us.

Soo in love with fried seafood too, especially if it's dipped in a spicy sauce 😋
We live near the sea so every morning a fish seller comes to my house to let me choose which one to buy.

The only time I eat seafood is at Christmas, it is a family tradition to make a variety of seafood that day. I wish they could make seafood more times.

The only seafood that I can tolerate is tuna.

When preparing, I need to use alot of mayonnaise to disguise the fishy taste.

I prepare Acapulco Tuna Salad and good 'ol tuna salad sandwiches.

Lately, the Salvation Army donated a bunch of tuna. Then, my roommate and I have a ton of white rice in our pantry. So, I would like to prepare some tuna stir fry. Do you have a good recipe?

11,643Threads
90,723Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member