At what age did you start saving your money?

That's pretty awesome though. Back then i started saving while i was in school but i only usually save when i wanted to something. Like when i wanted to buy my first phone, i had to save to get one.
Yes it is easier to save when you have a goal to achieve it is always very easy then. Good for you.

Saving is a habit that should be learnt at a young age. The younger you learn it, the better it is. It makes you financially disciplined. I see many people complaining about not being able to save. No matter how less your income is, you should inculcate a habit to save a part of it. I started saving very young and I am glad that I did. I have always been into frugal and thoughtful spending of money because I grew up in a family where money was valued. I am frugal and not stingy. So, I never deprive myself from the luxuries and treats that I can afford and fully deserve after all the hardwork.
I had scholarship in college and being a topper throughout the college even got stipend for books and other stationary needs. My mom gave me allowance for other needs. I took tuition for two High school girls to earn some extra pocket money. I would enjoy well with my money and make sure that I saved a part of it. And at the end of the college, I had a decent amount saved that I could use for further Investment.
I started saving from my High school days from my allowances and the money gifts that I would get from elders on special occasions like my birthday or festivals.
At what age did you start saving?
I started saving when I was in school from what my father gave me as pocket money.
I too buy that I need and seldom go for impulsive buying.

I started saving when I was in school from what my father gave me as pocket money.
I too buy that I need and seldom go for impulsive buying.
When I say that I am not an impulsive buyer, people feel that I would have got it with age and experience and with added responsibilities. But even as young girl, I would spend my money judiciously. I don't like to be a misery person, but I spend my money in all the right things that I need. Perhaps, I got this as a part of my upbringing.

When I say that I am not an impulsive buyer, people feel that I would have got it with age and experience and with added responsibilities. But even as young girl, I would spend my money judiciously. I don't like to be a misery person, but I spend my money in all the right things that I need. Perhaps, I got this as a part of my upbringing.
My father was a spent thrift at times but I was always cautious. My mother was very cautious in her spending. That's the reason we sailed through financial crisis that we saw at times.

My father was a spent thrift at times but I was always cautious. My mother was very cautious in her spending. That's the reason we sailed through financial crisis that we saw at times.
What is being preached might not be learnt, but what is being lived is definitely the biggest learning. You saw your parents on two different poles and you very well realised that the balance that your mom brought was the reason that made you sail through. You must have picked up the life lesson of value of money and cautious spending from your mother.

What is being preached might not be learnt, but what is being lived is definitely the biggest learning. You saw your parents on two different poles and you very well realised that the balance that your mom brought was the reason that made you sail through. You must have picked up the life lesson of value of money and cautious spending from your mother.
That's true and that's the reason I am always prepared for the worst.

I started saving at a very young age. Whenever i needed to buy anything, like when i wanted to buy my own phone. I saved for months, sacrificing my school pocket money, even when they would send me to buy something, i would walk down and keep the transport.

At the age of 14, I became interested in books about financial literacy, because I understood that I did not want to be like my parents, who could not even save a little money for something necessary because they earned little. However, I started saving money at the age of 17 when I first got a job

I can remember saving my pocket money when l was in the high school back then.
It is good practice to start it on young age because when you are becoming a little more aged it would be hard to save money because not having this practice from before.

12,118Threads
93,326Messages
291Members
esther1122Latest member