• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

At what age do you teach your child to start making money?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.265188
Referral Credit
It has been a rigid debate on when to start making the effort to tell your child the right time to start making money and depending on himself. Most parents prefer to provide for there children till they get too much dependent on them.

As a parent at what age should the child be taught to be independent?

Kids like to learn new things especially money making. They will be so excited to see their own savings the same feelings I felt when I started making money at age 11.
Post automatically merged:

Kids like to learn new things especially money making. They will be so excited to see their own savings the same feelings I felt when I started making money at age 11.

I think it's best after children graduate from college and get a job so they can live independently, without the help of their parents, but when they were still at school they weren't serious about making money, they just tried it, like when I was in college I often traded stocks but just for fun, not making money seriously. .

A child should focus on his/her study. I think when the child is about 15-16 studying in high school, when necessary, s(he) can do some part time job to make money. I have been a private tutor for a primary school student when I was studying in high school.
Yes in as much as a child should focus on their studies nothing bad to start making money from age 17 to help out.

12,085Threads
93,139Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member