• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Benefits of Living Alone for Finances

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.474700
Referral Credit
Since I went to school in another city, I was forced to live alone by renting a room in a boarding house, even though I had many friends from various other cities, I had to learn to manage transfer money from my parents so that I had enough for one month. The money I received from my parents was to meet all my needs, including buying books, photocopies, food, paying for boarding room rent, transportation, etc.
Living alone without money is the same as living in hell.
It turns out that living alone, far away from siblings and parents, has many benefits, especially practicing managing money. Until now, even though I work but still live in another city, I have to be able to manage my salary and other income in order to meet my monthly needs, and I also have to be able to allocate it for savings or investments. What about your experience?

In my case I cannot live alone. I hate it, I need humans to surround me. Though I experienced boarding but there were two of us in one big room. I could still manage my finances even if living with my two sisters.
I just pray you don't get to have humans that would be completely dependent on you. Those ones can completely strain your financial life.

I just pray you don't get to have humans that would be completely dependent on you. Those ones can completely strain your financial life.
My sister is a bank teller and my other sister her husband is an overseas seaman. My sister also has a business in the High school canteen. We are sharing the bills payment and food.

My sister is a bank teller and my other sister her husband is an overseas seaman. My sister also has a business in the High school canteen. We are sharing the bills payment and food.
This is the way to go mate. You all are doing it right. it isn't even right to stay idle we all need money for our different needs.

This is the way to go mate. You all are doing it right. it isn't even right to stay idle we all need money for our different needs.
That's right. I was once their bread winner, it's their turn now to shoulder all the expenses but I am doing it, it's not right to ask for a pay.

That's right. I was once their bread winner, it's their turn now to shoulder all the expenses but I am doing it, it's not right to ask for a pay.
Yes it is not right you just have to go out there to get your own manna. There's dignity in labor

Yes it is not right you just have to go out there to get your own manna. There's dignity in labor
It's better to give than to receive. There's also joy in helping without expecting something in return. Let's just ignore our sacrifices.

It's better to give than to receive. There's also joy in helping without expecting something in return. Let's just ignore our sacrifices.
Yesh that's what we can do . Just do your best and leave the rest and you get rewarded at due season

I am happy that I left home at a very young age to stay alone. I learned how to condition my life and cope with certain things for the purpose of financial growth.
You did well as independence comes with growth for the individual. You would be a lot loser and grow in different areas of your life.

While single people can save more money if they frugal, in some countries government agencies are rewarding greedy cheater married couples for harassing, criminally defaming, cheating, exploiting, robbing single professionals.

12,079Threads
93,103Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member