Announcement - BTC and BCH payment methods temporarily removed | Discussion Bucks

Announcement BTC and BCH payment methods temporarily removed

Devin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Novice Scribe
Sep 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵29.291225
Referral Credit
Hello everyone,

I am temporarily removing BTC and BCH cryptocurrency withdrawal options as I am having some significant issues processing transactions with these methods. For example, I have been trying to send a payment for a Discussion Bucks member in the amount of $20, but when I attempt to process this transaction, the system is wanting to charge me an additional $38.61 in network fees, which is unreasonable and doesn't make any sense as to why the fee would be higher than the actual sending amount.

I will look for alternatives in sending BTC and BCH, but for the time being they are disabled, and all other cryptocurrency options are still available.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

That was the problem you mentioned before that sounds weird charging you more than what you will send to the member. That's a big problem hoping it will be solved soon.

Transactions like this often occur on Bitcoin, but I rarely see them on BCH, but for receiving or purchasing membership upgrades it may still be acceptable.

@Devin I think it is concerning BTC and not BCH as fee for BCH is 0,1 $ per transaction.
BTC and BCH are having server overload issues outside of any wallet's or platform's control. This is why the fees were extremely high; basically, the platforms are broken at the moment. I'll try to update this accordingly once I get updates from my wallet platform.

• Like Button
Reactions: saoussen5765
BTC and BCH are having server overload issues outside of any wallet's or platform's control. This is why the fees were extremely high; basically, the platforms are broken at the moment. I'll try to update this accordingly once I get updates from my wallet platform.

@Devin - I cannot withdraw. It says, "Currencies unavailable Contact the administrators".
Post automatically merged:

LTC is good and available, I have also tried it.

Have you cashed out before? Do we need to convert D Bucks to real cash before making a payout request? I cannot withdraw, as I get a message ""Currencies unavailable Contact the administrators". :(

Last edited: