• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Budgeting Tips for Students

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
My cousin is an upcoming fourth-year college student, and I spoke with her a week ago. I asked about her academic progress and how she handled her finances as a college student because her mother is the only one who works in the household. She told me that she doesn't shop when she's hungry, sometimes prepares her lunch, does her laundry at home, takes the bus or jeep to school despite having her own car, and brings an insulated water bottle to avoid buying bottled water daily.

For students proper management is key. You can buy your cooking ingredients in bulk, this would reduce the cost of transportation buy these ingredients from time to time and in the process also save your time. You can opt to rest at home rather go out during weekends.

For students proper management is key. You can buy your cooking ingredients in bulk, this would reduce the cost of transportation buy these ingredients from time to time and in the process also save your time. You can opt to rest at home rather go out during weekends.
You are right. Proper management is necessary. Her mother buys in bulk on occasion because she does not have time to go grocery shopping every weekend and it is a great idea to save money.

And yes! It's preferable to stay at home than go out with your friends. It will help you save money. This is what I did in college, and my introverted personality contributed to my success. LOL

There are many students who suffer hunger. One time my student collapsed in from of me while I lectured. She missed eating 3 meals because of her budgetting style. She was brought to the university clinic and fed. Budgeting is good for students without compromising their health.

Last edited:
There are many students who suffer hunter. One time my student collapsed in from of me while I lectured. She missed eating 3 meals because of her budgetting style. She was brought to the university clinic and fed. Budgeting is good for students without compromising their health.
Yes. They can still eat 3 meals on a budget. Meals don’t have to be expensive. Oh, that is unfortunate. :(

Yes. They can still eat 3 meals on a budget. Meals don’t have to be expensive. Oh, that is unfortunate. :(
Yes, and she dropped the subject. I told her not to suffer hunger. She resumed her studies after a year. His father got a job.

When I was a student, I always made sure I cooked my own food to eat. Never really ate out. Didn't attend parties because that was where students spent most of their money. And lastly, I avoided chasing many girls because you must always spend with ladies.

When I was a student, I always made sure I cooked my own food to eat. Never really ate out. Didn't attend parties because that was where students spent most of their money. And lastly, I avoided chasing many girls because you must always spend with ladies.
Great. I used to pack my own lunch when I was in grade school to save money. Hehe. And, yes! Parties and girls! Both can be expensive.

There are two types of students here. There are those that come from rich families whereby all their needs including luxuries is well taken care of by the care givers. And the other group that come from poor families that they really struggling for a meal. Budgeting doesn't really apply to all these kinds of students.

when you get your first job if you are living with your parents still it is better to save for the fature it is hard to stop yourself from spending tho

Yes, even if you are currently living with your parents, you still need to save for your future. Do not be complacent or overly reliant on them for an extended period of time.

My niece was able to save a big amount. She saved portion of here allowance daily and during graduation she never asked money to her parents.

That is awesome. I hope other young individuals do the same so they will be able to achieve their financial goals in no time.

That is awesome. I hope other young individuals do the same so they will be able to achieve their financial goals in no time.
That's the mindset of my niece. She's one in a million. She now works in the United Kingdom as a teacher and her hubby a nurse there.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member