• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Buying a house or building from scratch- Which is financially better?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.300635
Referral Credit
For some people, it is paramount that they must own a home. And there is a choice between building your own home from scratch or buying an already developed building.

Which one makes more financial sense between buying a house or building from scratch?

I don't really think there is a fixed answer to this though. At the moment the cost of building materials has gone up, so one would rather go for buying. On the other hand, there are certain houses that requires lots of repairs after buying, this might make you spend more

In my location, apartments and houses are built by real estate's developers. There are lots of regulations involved. Ordinary people cannot build a house from scratch.
So if I want to own my personal house, I have to let a real estate developer build the house for me or I have to buy them?

I don't know but I think that building a house would be cheaper because if you buy, the seller would add a profit to sell to you from the amount he spent to build which might also be the same amount you would spend if you build it yourself from scratch.

It is far more better to build your own house by yourself. Through this means, you can be able to build the house to your standard and taste. Moreover, most estate managers and builders use to use low quality materials to build houses they use to sell which is very bad.

So if I want to own my personal house, I have to let a real estate developer build the house for me or I have to buy them?
Post automatically merged:

Normally, a real estate developer will not build a house for a single client unless you are super super rich. We have to buy the house or apartment from them.

Post automatically merged:

Normally, a real estate developer will not build a house for a single client unless you are super super rich. We have to buy the house or apartment from them.
I think that is quite expensive. With having to build your own house, one can save money. Some people even use family labour for some of the non professional activities in building their houses to cut costs.

If you are someone that has a specific taste when it comes to designs if houses, it becomes more expensive to buy a house because you would have to put money in it to make it your taste.

12,088Threads
93,157Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member