Can you go to jail for manipulating someone to gain? | Discussion Bucks

Can you go to jail for manipulating someone to gain?

Starmix

Master Debater
Silver Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Top Poster Of Month
Sep 26, 2023
D Bucks
💵8.182500
Referral Credit
Can you go to jail for manipulating someone? Well, when there is a crime involved you will surely land in jail for manipulating someone to do a fight with a handsome reward if win the fight. Manipulation itself is not a crime. It seems everyone is doing it. In Law, manipulation is deceiving someone by false or misleading actions. In business, how do you manipulate people? Do you manipulate the price to take advantage of the buyers' money or take advantage of their innocence while they are still in the hot pursuit of purchasing goods they like?

I guess it depends on the level of manipulation, I have seen cases where marketers manipulate potential buyers even without the buyers knowing, but they call it marketing strategy. In a situation where someone gets hurt, or a crime is done, then I believe you can go to jail for that. The same way manipulation of stock market is considered as a crime.

• Like Button
Reactions: Starmix
I guess it depends on the level of manipulation, I have seen cases where marketers manipulate potential buyers even without the buyers knowing, but they call it marketing strategy. In a situation where someone gets hurt, or a crime is done, then I believe you can go to jail for that. The same way manipulation of stock market is considered as a crime.
That's very impressive, yes, manipulation is considered a good strategy if well - managed and elaborated. Manipulation becomes bad if there's harm and danger a worker or person to undergo.

• Like Button
Reactions: eLdavis
Manipulative behaviour is tantamount to fraud and is punishable. The law in my country states that all business aspects must be transparent and devoid of coercive behaviour. You would go to jail for malicious intent to defraud.

Those who manipulate falsely will surely land in jail. That is called cheating and abusing humans. I have not heard here in my place jailed because of manipulation. The manipulation to get a jail sentence might be so severe that it costs someone's life.

Manipulation in psychology means the process of influencing someone to do something so that they will make a profit, in business manipulation is also often associated with the marketing process. So legally what is seen is the result of manipulation whether it causes material loss as fraud or possibly the loss of someone's life. We also often hear the term Data Manipulation, some with good intentions, some with the aim of deceiving.

There is what we call manipulative marketing and it is very ethical. You can try subtle ways to convince a customer to buy. But deception is the wrong aspect of it. You shouldn't deceive someone because you want to sell a product. You would obviously go to jail for that.

I think so. I've read somewhere before that it is a significant felony in several nations and is considered a serious crime. I'm not sure if it's true, though.

If the manipulation is associated with crime the manipulator will be jailed, but if the manipulation is for the increase of sales it will be good.