• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Choosing a partner is one of the most crucial financial decisions you will ever make

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
Selecting the right partner in life is one of the most critical financial decisions you will ever make. It's essential to find someone who can be trusted with your finances and is committed to achieving your financial goals. Marrying an incompatible partner, especially someone who is not financially savvy, can have a significant impact, even if you are financially successful. Therefore, it is essential to find a partner who can contribute to your financial well-being, in addition to promoting your health and happiness.

That decision of choosing a partner is one big decision that can make you prosper financially or completely ruin your financial life. There are people that have financial intelligence and would help you grow your money and there are people who are financial liabilities that would only help you spend your money.

When we fall in love and really love our partner, our hearts and eyes are often closed and our ears become deaf and we don't listen to what those closest to us are saying, like parents often advise you to stay away from your partner because he or she is not good, we even oppose it.

That decision of choosing a partner is one big decision that can make you prosper financially or completely ruin your financial life. There are people that have financial intelligence and would help you grow your money and there are people who are financial liabilities that would only help you spend your money.

Definitely! It's crucial to be prudent when choosing a life partner. Being married to someone who is not financially responsible can be a heavy burden on our lives. No matter how much we try to save and improve our financial situation, it may seem impossible if our spouse is not willing to help us achieve our goals. Instead, they might prefer to squander our hard-earned money on unnecessary material things.

You are absolutely right! Choosing life partner should not only based on love, sex drive and host of trivialities. In choosing life partner, i think economic and intellectual abilities should be more important than other factors.
Absolutely! You are right that finding a suitable life partner is not just about love. It requires wisdom and careful consideration, especially when it comes to your financial well-being. You should avoid choosing a partner who is not financially responsible and squanders your hard-earned money on unnecessary things. While you may tolerate such behavior in the early years of marriage, eventually, you may reach your limit and feel frustrated. Such financial strain can even lead to a failed marriage. Therefore, it is essential to choose a partner who is not only loving but also financially responsible.
Post automatically merged:

When we fall in love and really love our partner, our hearts and eyes are often closed and our ears become deaf and we don't listen to what those closest to us are saying, like parents often advise you to stay away from your partner because he or she is not good, we even oppose it.

It's unfortunate that some people become so infatuated with their significant other that they overlook the potential fallout that may arise from tying the knot with someone who lacks financial responsibility.
Post automatically merged:

I will never allow that kind of person to stay in my life. I prefer to remain single than to suffer to the bones with someone who does not believe in finances as vital in marriage.

I feel the same way. I wouldn't want someone like that to enter my life either. Haha. If I did, who knows what kind of trouble or chaos they could bring.

Last edited:
One of the kinds of conversations I have on a first date always involves me trying to hack into the lady's mindset about money. If it doesn't look financially intelligent, that would be the last date.

One of the kinds of conversations I have on a first date always involves me trying to hack into the lady's mindset about money. If it doesn't look financially intelligent, that would be the last date.
Pitiful date, well I feel what you mean because that's one reason why I junk my boyfriend. It's me who always spend money for our date in a restaurant. And he's a choosy type so I told him quits. It's so alarming attitude, no financial consideration and orientation.

12,060Threads
92,990Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member