• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Company not paying interest on fixed deposit

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.200313
Referral Credit
I had made a fixed deposit with a company and it is not paying the interest as promised. I have visited the office twice, it was closed the first time due to fire, and the second time they are extremely evasive. They have also not refunded the principal on the fixed deposit on the due date. What is the best option to get the money invested and the interest due on the fixed or term deposit with the company?

Before answering your question, there are several factors that must be considered, whether the company/deposit platform has a permit and is registered with the government. If you use an illegal platform, it means you are being deceived. If the platform is legal, you can report it to authorized institutions, especially those that oversee investment and financial matters.

The business is a registered co-op society which is authorised to receive deposits. I will wait for a week to check if they pay as promised, otherwise I will complain.

I just hope that the financial institution that you deposited your money in is registered and regulated by the apex bank of your country. You can report to the apex bank if so. If it is not registered, you can kiss your money goodbye.

The thing is very similar to that in my country. Most banks never pay interes on the fixed deposit accounts
Is it that these institutions don't give you contracts for you to review the terms and sign before you commit to open a fixed deposit account with them?

12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member