Dealing with emotional blackmailers

Do you go through emotional blackmail. Some friends and family are fond of this, just to put you in a very tight corner to help. How do you deal with this?
They just don't do this emotional black mailing to get help but run your life according to their wish.

I have experienced this before, both from friends and some family members. What I normally do is try to avoid finding myself in such a situation where I let myself get emotionally blackmailed.

They just don't do this emotional black mailing to get help but run your life according to their wish.
Yeah they even want to help you execute your hard earned money which is really annoying

Yeah they even want to help you execute your hard earned money which is really annoying
That's true and thereby make us penniless. I saw my relatives behave in the same manner after my father's death.

That's true and thereby make us penniless. I saw my relatives behave in the same manner after my father's death.
Yes we just have to avoid them. Don't fall for their gimmick. They know what they are doing.

I made the decision to move out of my parent's house and start living on my own for a reason. Sometimes, they would make me feel guilty about my dad's situation and pressure me to help them financially. Despite earning little, I would always lend a helping hand as I am the only one among my siblings who helps them. However, it is frustrating to know that we are in a very tough situation, yet my mother does not seem to be concerned about us having enough food on the table.

13,121Threads
98,594Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member