• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Difference between Ecommerce and Marketplace?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.329700
Referral Credit
In online business, we often encounter the words or terms marketplace and e-commerce which are used by business people to promote and sell their merchandise. These two terms often make me confused and it is quite difficult to differentiate them. Although I can search for the difference between these two terms on the internet, but to activate discussion I thought it would be better to post on the Dbucks forum. Therefore, please explain the difference between marketplace and e-commerce.

Ecommerce is a business that is basically done online. The act of selling online is ecommerce. Online marketplaces are the platforms where you sell your products. These marketplaces can be B2B or C2C, or B2C.

I think e-commerce has to do with the buying and selling of things online, while marketplace is simply a platform where you can buy and sell your products and services.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member