• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Disadvantages of being self-employed

Jewel

Active Participant
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.401500
Referral Credit
Being self-employed has many advantages and people consider it to be more better than working for someone, but it's also has it's disadvantage. When one is self-employed, since they are working for their self not someone this could make them put less effort in the work , also since they are working from home, they can easily be distracted by things around them. What do you think.

The need to show up all the time, do all the work yourself and also the encounters with failure which will beat you up are some of the disadvantages of being self employed.

Being a self employed individual does not mean you do not have the ability to protect your future. You know well what to do in such a way that when you reached the retirement age you are already stable and financially independent.

The main disadvantage of being self employed is that it is very difficult to get paid work, especially online. Some workers find that all their leads, orders are systematically robbed, and the only work available is low end work which pays very less.

When your business does not make profits, you as the entrepreneur doesn't have an income for that period. As an employee,.you get paid regardless of what's going on in the company.

Generating continuous income is one of the major issues with being self-employed. I am saying this based on my personal experience. I have been self employed for almost 10 years and I know how difficult to build regular income

12,064Threads
93,010Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member