Divorce rules are changing in India

aninditasen

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 1, 2023
D Bucks
💵10.560000
Referral Credit
There was a time when the Indian Court discouraged divorce and asked couples to stay separately for six months. However, the Supreme Court of India has changed the rule now. If the court thinks that the partners cannot stay together by any means it will ask the couple to get divorced immediately.

• Love
Reactions: Starmix
Some people get married and divorced repeatedly , and society is becoming very liberal. So the judgement reflects the changing society, people including government employees have many affairs and extramarital affairs.
That's right. The Indian Supreme Court is watching that people are not maintaining the sanctity of marriage and therefore is bound to change the rules to keep up morality in the society.

I have always admired the marriage principles in the Indian and Islamic cultures but, sadly, the rules are bending everywhere. I have never come across many infidelity claims and fighting in those cultures which is the major cause of marriage breakdowns. Only God to help us in this world of various cultures where two people can be married, bear children and grow out of love and affection for each other.

• Like Button
Reactions: aninditasen
I have always admired the marriage principles in the Indian and Islamic cultures but, sadly, the rules are bending everywhere. I have never come across many infidelity claims and fighting in those cultures which is the major cause of marriage breakdowns. Only God to help us in this world of various cultures where two people can be married, bear children and grow out of love and affection for each other.
In India infidelity is a crime and therefore it can be taken as a cause of divorce.

The Indian Court may have reviewed the consideration/decision of the couple to stay apart for six months, from various aspects such as culture, religion, socio-culture etc. so that their decision is considered the best, in fact the academy or university can review whether the decision is appropriate or not.

• Like Button
But that is to be expected. People are not expected to stay in love forever. It is just that people who end up divorcing don't have commitments. I value commitment more than love in a marriage.

Western civilization is penetrating every aspect of our lives. Moreover, women are becoming more educated and exposed than before. Time is changing everything and we only have to adapt to new culture. Women are becoming more outspoken and independent.

The Indian Court may have reviewed the consideration/decision of the couple to stay apart for six months, from various aspects such as culture, religion, socio-culture etc. so that their decision is considered the best, in fact the academy or university can review whether the decision is appropriate or not.
Where there's no compatibility between the couple it's makes no meaning to keep dragging the divorce case.

• Love
Reactions: Suba
Where there's no compatibility between the couple it's makes no meaning to keep dragging the divorce case.
Even though there is no compatibility, from a religious perspective, divorce is considered Adharma or a sin, so it needs to be avoided, that's why the Indian Court postponed it for up to six months.

• Like Button
When a divorce case is prolonged like this, the court wants to give the couple a real chance at working it out.

Even though there is no compatibility, from a religious perspective, divorce is considered Adharma or a sin, so it needs to be avoided, that's why the Indian Court postponed it for up to six months.
This rule has changed. If the court thinks that both are not fit to continue with the marriage, divorce is declared immediately.

• Love
Reactions: Suba
Some people get married and divorced repeatedly , and society is becoming very liberal. So the judgement reflects the changing society, people including government employees have many affairs and extramarital affairs.
That's good, why allow the couple to continue living under one roof if they're not anymore happy with their marriage.

• Like Button
It will become easier after some years when many file divorce. I'm so worried about the kids they'll suffer emotionally.
In India now most working couples avoid having kids and now they have become cautious. They go for a divorce before having kids. There are of course rare cases there the children do suffer a lot.

The rate at which people get divorced these days is becoming really alarming. People now see it as completely normal.