Do people need to have a certain amount of money to achieve financial freedom?

Here and there in the Western countries, it looks like the strongest desire of average people is to stop to work in order to live on their investments/savings. Obviously, most of them are far from such a condition, especially considering that as time passes by, a governmental pension is not guaranteed anymore. So the risk to outlive their money and becoming forced to live on charity is too high. So impossible to reach a lifelong financial freedom, if lacking at least a discreet amount of money (if the money at our disposal is not large, we should stick with a downshifting living mode).

I don't think any particular amount is what counts, as long as what comes in is greater than what goes out and part of what you accumulate goes to work to accumulate more in the form of daily compound interest.

If you give a look at Quora, you'll find many men asking if a certain amount is enough to live on your capital and interests or in any way if they could be considered wealthy (usually, they ask about amounts between 50K and 150K euros, sometimes even more than 150K). Unfortunately, in the Italian community, they receive harsh and even offensive answers, claiming 150K is crumbs. Well, I beg to differ, as I'm sure that 150 thousand euros, if wisely invested, can make the difference.

If you give a look at Quora, you'll find many men asking if a certain amount is enough to live on your capital and interests or in any way if they could be considered wealthy (usually, they ask about amounts between 50K and 150K euros, sometimes even more than 150K). Unfortunately, in the Italian community, they receive harsh and even offensive answers, claiming 150K is crumbs. Well, I beg to differ, as I'm sure that 150 thousand euros, if wisely invested, can make the difference.
It might be crumbs to them in their countries because they live in a highly developed country. But for some people from other countries, it is treasure.

It depends a lot, for example on where you live or how you use your money, if you have enough money to create a few successful businesses, maybe you can get financial freedom with it.

12,099Threads
93,235Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member