Do you defrag your cellular phone?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.047550
Referral Credit
I keep on seeing on my mobile screen defrag a phone. And then I defragged it twice already. I have not observed the difference. i just want to compensate for the system's request to defrag my phone. And based on my research defragging could be both beneficial and not. It said, there is no benefit to defragging on the other hand, other site says that defragmentation organizes the individual files, resulting in improved hard drive speed. What do you think?

Most phones use internal flash memory, which is the equivalent of an SSD. SSDs lifespan is measured in terms of reads and writes in, so every time you defrag your phone or SSD, you're actually reducing its lifespan and placing it closer to a hard-drive crash. Do not do this.

Defragmentation only benefits HDD disk drives that store data mechanically using an arm and magnetic plates. Defragmenting such drives reduces the amount of mechanical spins the drive has to go through to retrieve your data and thus increases your hard drive speed. SSDs store data differently in a way that does not, I repeat, does not benefit from defragmentation.

12,012Threads
92,713Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member