• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do You Think a Franchise Business Model Have a Higher Chance of Success?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
I've seen a lot of successful franchise business owners, and I hope to be like them one day. However, I am undecided about franchising due to the royalty cost, among other reasons. Owning a franchise business offers advantages and disadvantages. In terms of benefits, you will be working with a well-known company, benefiting from its training and enjoying its tried-and-true model. Meanwhile, aside from royalties, your decisions may be limited, and upfront costs may be high.

I don't know much about this field but I believe it's possible, then again it also depends on the amount of effort you put into it as well that would determine how much you get.

I don't know much about this field but I believe it's possible, then again it also depends on the amount of effort you put into it as well that would determine how much you get.
You are right about this, my friend. Of course, in terms of any type of business, we must exert effort to reach our business goals in no time.

The only challenge with getting a franchise to start a business is cost. When you set up your business infrastructure, you would need to pay an extra amount to get the franchise rights which is always expensive.

For it having a higher chance of success? It surely does. You have a 60% chance of breaking even and making profits in the first year if you buy a franchise from a recognised brand in your niche. If you try to push out your brand, the chances of breaking even and making profits is just 30%.

When you become a franchisee, you will get management support, a brand that is well known and liked by many people, so it is very likely that your franchise business will be more successful than if you run your own business, especially if you lack skills and experience.

I think there is a better chance, however, if this franchise is not too many in your city, because I saw a lot of identical stores of the same brand in my town, and I am not surprised that they started to close, because most of them did not make a profit, although this company is popular and not bad at all . There are always many people who want good things

Well, not necessarily because I have seen people take over a flourishing business and make a mess of it. it still depends on one's abilities.
That's not a franchise business. The franchisor company would even guide you because they don't want anything that has to do with the their brand to be seen as a failure. Imagine, having a successful business help you with ideas too, you would likely succeed.

When you become a franchisee, you will get management support, a brand that is well known and liked by many people, so it is very likely that your franchise business will be more successful than if you run your own business, especially if you lack skills and experience.
The company's management team will be helpful and supportive of new business owners. They provide guidance and training to your staff, which can be advantageous for those who are just starting out. However, it is essential to note that the company charges a royalty fee that can be quite expensive and should be taken into consideration before making a final decision.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, it still depends on the amount of effort you put into your franchise business. It depends on the location, too.
Post automatically merged:

I think there is a better chance, however, if this franchise is not too many in your city, because I saw a lot of identical stores of the same brand in my town, and I am not surprised that they started to close, because most of them did not make a profit, although this company is popular and not bad at all . There are always many people who want good things
It is definitely something to keep in mind. If there are already many franchises of the brand you are interested in within your vicinity, it may be worthwhile to reassess your decision. It would not hurt to explore other brands and see what options are available to you.

Last edited:
12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member