Do you think going to college is still worthwhile?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵3.665113
Referral Credit
Many people question the value of attending college when they can earn money online through freelancing. In my perspective, it is still valuable, especially because the online industry is currently saturated. Doing online freelance tasks does not guarantee success. Earning a college degree can be your ticket to success because most employers search for qualified applicants who have completed college.

It's the passport to get hired and offices and companies in our country are only hiring for degree holders. Those no degrees land as laborers.

You are right. It can be your passport to a brighter future. This is why take advantage of the opportunity to finish college.

You are right. It can be your passport to a brighter future. This is why take advantage of the opportunity to finish college.
There is no reason not to acquire a degree because, during the Duterte Administration, he signed laws to give free tuition to many colleges and universities including the university where I teach, it is owned by the national government.

Many people question the value of attending college when they can earn money online through freelancing. In my perspective, it is still valuable, especially because the online industry is currently saturated. Doing online freelance tasks does not guarantee success. Earning a college degree can be your ticket to success because most employers search for qualified applicants who have completed college.
For the amount of debut the average student goes into and the typical college degree, no its not worth it.
That said, for some professions you have to incur those debts.

If you want to be a doctor, an architect, a psychologist, etc., obviously you should attend college. Obviously, college is still worthwhile and always will be. You can't legally access to the above mentioned professions without a college degree. If all people in the world would choose freelancing, all of us will get in serious troubles very soon, lacking doctors, teachers, engineers...

Attending college classes is very essential because online reputable company's also required college degree. Personally I am not much more satisfied with online working as majority of sites are scammers, very low paying or get our thousand words articles and just eat it without any response.

Finishing a four year is not enough. One may proceed to graduate and post graduate studies. That's how to achieve a financial goal because your pay is far better than others.
That's a worldwide accident. A lot of the Western countries, even the third world ones as Latin Americans countries are passing through such a change. During my parents age, 8 years of primary school were enough to get a discreet and fairly well paid governmental job. And to get a technical High School diploma (as my mother did), 5 years of primary school were enough. Now, a university degree grants us less options than 8 years of primary school when I was a child.

Yes I believe it is still worthwhile. There is these belief these days that school is no longer important. This is pretty common with the young generation, since they have access to make money both online and offline, they do not see the need for school. While it is indeed possible to make money without going to school, school gives you a level of prestige you can never obtain anywhere else.

That's a worldwide accident. A lot of the Western countries, even the third world ones as Latin Americans countries are passing through such a change. During my parents age, 8 years of primary school were enough to get a discreet and fairly well paid governmental job. And to get a technical High School diploma (as my mother did), 5 years of primary school were enough. Now, a university degree grants us less options than 8 years of primary school when I was a child.
That is true, one can enter college after finishing up to a Senior High. Kids enter college at age 18, which was supposed to be 2nd year college already.

What is a Senior High? Youngsters who can enter college at age 18 are lucky. In my former country it's now at age 19 for both boys and girls (previously, when military service was compulsory for boys, they could enter college between 20 and 21, depending on the circumstances).

What is a Senior High? Youngsters who can enter college at age 18 are lucky. In my former country it's now at age 19 for both boys and girls (previously, when military service was compulsory for boys, they could enter college between 20 and 21, depending on the circumstances).
That is now the program in many countries, after a kid finishes grade 6, he will enroll in K7, K9, and Senior high. After graduating senior high they proceed to college education.

That is now the program in many countries, after a kid finishes grade 6, he will enroll in K7, K9, and Senior high. After graduating senior high they proceed to college education.
Ah, OK, it's the same here is called Ensino Médio, that means 3 years of High School, after they finish the first and second segment of the primary.

Having a college degree is still, in my opinion, very important since it can lead to success and provide an avenue out of poverty. Since there is an increasing need for college-educated individuals, having a degree will keep you in demand.
Of course, despite who says many people reach the success even when they skip college. But nobody who wants to become a doctor can skip the college (unless he/she aims to be convicted in trials and face the jail cause illegal practice:ROFLMAO:

Ah, OK, it's the same here is called Ensino Médio, that means 3 years of High School, after they finish the first and second segment of the primary.

Of course, despite who says many people reach the success even when they skip college. But nobody who wants to become a doctor can skip the college (unless he/she aims to be convicted in trials and face the jail cause illegal practice:ROFLMAO:
No one can make a short cut or else he or she will rot in jail. That is right that students need extra years after elementary and high school. It's so exhausting to see the kids getting mature before reaching college.

13,179Threads
98,947Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member