Do you think going to college is still worthwhile?

The truth is I'm always perplexed when I listen to colleagues and acquaintances (whether young, whether old) repeating the same old song about life success regardless college. Is it possible no one desires to become a doctor any more, as it was during my parent's days? An accountant? An architect? Etc., etc., etc...

Having a college degree is still, in my opinion, very important since it can lead to success and provide an avenue out of poverty. Since there is an increasing need for college-educated individuals, having a degree will keep you in demand.

Yes, obtaining a college degree is still an important aspect of today's society. Unfortunately, some Generation Z individuals do not perceive its value as they believe they can earn a decent income online without having to go to college. However, earning a college degree can help you stand out from the crowd, especially in the corporate world, where employers tend to favor applicants with a college education.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I believe it is still worthwhile. There is these belief these days that school is no longer important. This is pretty common with the young generation, since they have access to make money both online and offline, they do not see the need for school. While it is indeed possible to make money without going to school, school gives you a level of prestige you can never obtain anywhere else.

Absolutely! Having a degree provides a sense of prestige that cannot be matched by anything else. While it may not guarantee surefire success, it is an accomplishment that no one can ever take away from you.

I do believe going to college is worthwhile but one thing, at least in my country I know of is that there is very little offered and many end up either not going to college or going and not doing something they enjoy because what they wanted to do was not available for them.

Even though going to college there is no guarantee of becoming rich and successful, college will make you think critically, be able to use reason and logic well, not in terms of material or financial matters but to change your thinking power and become sharp.

13,179Threads
98,947Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member