• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you want to be happy or be rich?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.349700
Referral Credit
If we have a lot of money and luxurious possessions, it will make someone feel like they are rich and automatically guarantee they will be happy. Only now do we realize that the measure of wealth and happiness is very relative. As discussed in the book "Discovering Your Black Box", written by Roslina Veraul (Psychologist). According to her opinion. wealth does not always correlate with happiness. Roslina put forward 2 reasons as follows:

First: The higher the income, the higher the expenses.
Second: We always tend to compare our wealth with the wealth of other people. So we never find satisfaction and happiness.

Many people strive for riches, believing that it will bring them happiness. However, the truth is that money alone cannot guarantee happiness. While being rich can make your life more comfortable, it does not necessarily equate to genuine happiness. True happiness comes from within, and it is frequently found in the simple things in life. I want to be rich, without a doubt, but I want to be happy as well.

When I first started working and received a salary, even though it was only under $500, I was very happy and felt like I had a lot of money, but gradually, even though the salary was getting bigger, I started to compare myself with other people, who wore expensive watches and nice clothes, so I felt poor. . So subjectively, wealth is related to our mindset and the way we assess sufficiency.

Honestly earned wealth can lead you to that happiness, if you like to manage money and have enough responsibility to use it well, I don't see it as a bad thing. When we become obsessed with money and power status, that's when it drains us mentally.

I want to be rich to be happy. If you're poor do you think you're happy? No way. It doesn't mean that of you're rich you're deprive of happiness Happiness is all yours if you're rich. You can invest more and help your poor relative stand straight like you.

I want to be rich to be happy. If you're poor do you think you're happy? No way. It doesn't mean that of you're rich you're deprive of happiness Happiness is all yours if you're rich. You can invest more and help your poor relative stand straight like you.

But I have seen rich people don't fine peace and happiness in their lives too, they don't be able to find out sometime for their family and friends. They have their own type of tension in life.

But I have seen rich people don't fine peace and happiness in their lives too, they don't be able to find out sometime for their family and friends. They have their own type of tension in life.
I don't know why but the rich people in the city where I live are happy. They are able to help the charitable institutions, donate food and in kind during natural disasters like the officers add members of the Rotary Clubs. They are all rich and big time businessesmen.

What's the point of being rich if you're not happy? Logically I prefer to be happy first and then get rich, to be happy you don't need to be rich, you can be happy having the basics to live, which are a home, food, and some free time, also having a family you can be happy.

I don't know why but the rich people in the city where I live are happy. They are able to help the charitable institutions, donate food and in kind during natural disasters like the officers add members of the Rotary Clubs. They are all rich and big time businessmen.
May be you have met rich people who are happy in their life. I see business men of they are rich don't have a happy life but have only work in their mind.

I need happiness and this is what money cannot buy. As you have rightly stated money is never enough let me look for happiness
Money can always buy physical things it cannot buy happiness but it may help to get happiness.

Yeah my point exactly. you might nit get that contentment from money and this will not make you happy
Having enough money does not necessarily lead to happiness. Some wealthy individuals still experience feelings of emptiness. While money can provide temporary happiness, it is not a reliable source of long-term fulfillment.

That's right , infact to get true happiness you need to seek it within not without

External factors can certainly provide some level of happiness, but they often only offer a temporary fix. Some people who possess fame and wealth still feel unfulfilled and considered ending their lives. This may be because they sense a void that has yet to be filled.

External factors can certainly provide some level of happiness, but they often only offer a temporary fix. Some people who possess fame and wealth still feel unfulfilled and considered ending their lives. This may be because they sense a void that has yet to be filled.
True words, you can't find true happiness in things . Yes, they may be of help but it is for the now. The lasting one comes from within you

I don't seem to understand what this thread is talking about but one thing is crystal clear, a poor person can never he truly happy no matter how much we lie to ourselves.

True words, you can't find true happiness in things . Yes, they may be of help but it is for the now. The lasting one comes from within you

No matter how much wealth or material possessions you may have, if you feel hollow inside, it is extremely tough to experience genuine happiness.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member