• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you want to be happy or be rich?

No matter how much wealth or material possessions you may have, if you feel hollow inside, it is extremely tough to experience genuine happiness.
You got that right. Money can't even but happiness and that's how bad it can gets.

If we have a lot of money and luxurious possessions, it will make someone feel like they are rich and automatically guarantee they will be happy. Only now do we realize that the measure of wealth and happiness is very relative. As discussed in the book "Discovering Your Black Box", written by Roslina Veraul (Psychologist). According to her opinion. wealth does not always correlate with happiness. Roslina put forward 2 reasons as follows:

First: The higher the income, the higher the expenses.
Second: We always tend to compare our wealth with the wealth of other people. So we never find satisfaction and happiness.
I'd rather have both but if I had to choose?
Happiness over wealth anyday; I've seen too many people become miserable as :censored: with the least bit of wealth.

When I'm rich happiness follows. If I am not I will not be happy. Though we can be happy from a simple thing but the feeling is different if happy because I have a lot of money.
But personally, I prioritize happiness, when I have a happy life it means I don't lack money, I don't even have to worry about old age. There are many rich people who are always going back and forth to the hospital. So even if you are rich, happiness doesn't necessarily follow.

But personally, I prioritize happiness, when I have a happy life it means I don't lack money, I don't even have to worry about old age. There are many rich people who are always going back and forth to the hospital. So even if you are rich, happiness doesn't necessarily follow.
That is case to case, I am only sharing my thoughts and feelings. I have money and am happy it is because I can help my family without letting them feel frustrated because of refusal.

That is case to case, I am only sharing my thoughts and feelings. I have money and am happy it is because I can help my family without letting them feel frustrated because of refusal.
I would rather help relatives who need money to increase their business capital, rather than borrowing for useless consumer spending. So it's better for me to give money to buy nets or fishing rods than to give money to buy fish.

I don't seem to understand what this thread is talking about but one thing is crystal clear, a poor person can never he truly happy no matter how much we lie to ourselves.
I share the same opinion with you. Poverty is the bringer of al unhappiness and discomfort. Riches is the surest way to be happy. You can't be poor and be happy. Poor people are never happy people. Richness and happiness comes hand in hand.

I share the same opinion with you. Poverty is the bringer of al unhappiness and discomfort. Riches is the surest way to be happy. You can't be poor and be happy. Poor people are never happy people. Richness and happiness comes hand in hand.
You are right sir. How can a poor person be happy when his or her child has been driven from school because of school fees and the landlord is on his neck. Take it or leave it. A poor person is always under pressure which might lead to loss of sanity.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member