• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Does earning in dollars give a financial advantage in your country?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.701705
Referral Credit
For some of us in developing countries, our national fiat currency has a disadvantage when pegged against the US dollar as it stands. Most people are moving to remote work so as to earn in dollars.

In your own country, do people that earn in dollars have an advantage over people that earn with the country's local currency

Earning in a better valued currency gives you a financial edge. That's because the same level of work you do, someone else does it but you earn more money because the money you earn has more value. People that are earning in dollars in my country aren't as affected with the inflation like people that earn with the local currency.

Earlier those who were earning in dollars were making more money, yet in the last few years most of the dollar work is controlled by the rich and powerful, relatives and friends of top government officials. So unless there are major problems like fake cases, most people do not do dollar work.

If I earn 100 dollars now, and someone earns 100,000 NGN. When I convert my $100, I still have more money than them. Earning in dollars could help.

presently a big fat YES is my answer cause my country's money value has depreciated to the extend where a dollar equates #1800 naira, so earning in dollars definitely is an advantage.
It is pathetic that the currency of a country can depreciate that much. At that level, there is no iota of hope for the local economy.

It is pathetic that the currency of a country can depreciate that much. At that level, there is no iota of hope for the local economy.
It is what it is, you either stay still doing nothing while blaming bad government or you make something of yourself despite the country's economical Situation I choose the later.

presently a big fat YES is my answer cause my country's money value has depreciated to the extend where a dollar equates #1800 naira, so earning in dollars definitely is an advantage.
Sure this morning I read it is now a thousand nine hundred. This is really pathetic and the prices of things have reached the roof top.

For some of us in developing countries, our national fiat currency has a disadvantage when pegged against the US dollar as it stands. Most people are moving to remote work so as to earn in dollars.

In your own country, do people that earn in dollars have an advantage over people that earn with the country's local currency
Yes, earning in dollars in my country does have an advantage but the transfer amount that gets deducted is quite depressing.

Yes, earning in dollars in my country does have an advantage but the transfer amount that gets deducted is quite depressing.
Same here sometimes I see this as bulling. You just take so much fees from someone from just using your platform. it's very annoying

Yes of course! Those that earn in dollars have huge advantage over those that earn in their local currency except if their local currency is higher than dollars. As it stands today, dollar is peg to 1560 naira. So a huge difference. Ixwish i will have opportunity to leave the country now.

Yes, it does give a financial edge. And it would be valuable if you have a decent earning. My husband works for an American bank and is paid good in Indian currency. His performance bonus and shares as long term incentive ( for few valuable employees) comes in dollars and that translates into a handsome Indian currency.
But in my case, I don't earn too much with online earnings through various paid to post forums. My monthly income in dollars is few thousands and that is not much to even sustain livelihood for a day or two. I make more than that in a day working few hours, what I would earn in the whole month from online paid to post forums.

12,079Threads
93,103Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member