• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Does having a business degree help with starting a new business?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator (Profit Partner)
Staff member
Profit Partner
Gold Supporter
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵48.784825
Referral Credit
CryptoCrest of Prosperity NFT [Ultra Rare]
Does having a university business degree make you more successful in starting a business?

I feel that it can help, but may not be something that is required to start some businesses. Some businesses just need someone who is excited and focused to start a business, while others require a degree to do so.

I also disagree that obtaining a business degree makes a person better in business. there are businessmen that are manned by college-level people only. In fact, our neighbor became a millionaire through his business having finished only Grade 3. But he hired a financial advisor and a lawyer.

Having a business and succeeding at it entails different things and it is all encompassing. You just have to employ different things it might not be about having a business degree. But it does help as the knowledge acquired would help.
That's so right, one needs to apply in his power the best strategy through observations, actual experience and add up them all to achieve his plans to become rich through his business despite no degree in business obtained.

Yes it would definitely help in terms of experience and making specific decisions but having a degree in business does not guarantee that the business would be successful. I have seen cases where even does who have masters fail in their field when it comes to business.

Yes it would definitely help in terms of experience and making specific decisions but having a degree in business does not guarantee that the business would be successful. I have seen cases where even does who have masters fail in their field when it comes to business.
Agree, degree doesn't matter in business. What matters is your sincerity and honesty in dealing with the customers and transparent in production marketing. It's not good to fabricate It creates conflict and interest of the people.

Agree, degree doesn't matter in business. What matters is your sincerity and honesty in dealing with the customers and transparent in production marketing. It's not good to fabricate It creates conflict and interest of the people.
Yes, the painful part about everything is that this is what most business owners do today, they are not being honest in their services hence they are not able to meet up with customers demands

Yes, the painful part about everything is that this is what most business owners do today, they are not being honest in their services hence they are not able to meet up with customers demands
That's also what I observed here in my place. Old stocks were declared new stocks and labelled with higher price. They're not transparent. Old stocks must be sold in big discounts. Those who know the products as old stock never buy.

I also disagree that obtaining a business degree makes a person better in business. there are businessmen that are manned by college-level people only. In fact, our neighbor became a millionaire through his business having finished only Grade 3. But he hired a financial advisor and a lawyer.

I think that having a business degree could definitely help people to some extent. There are many fund managers who work in many different companies and they have pursued a degree in finance and this is also one of the main reasons why they have been able to get the job in the first place and they have been managing funds of different people for a long time.

I think that having a business degree could definitely help people to some extent. There are many fund managers who work in many different companies and they have pursued a degree in finance and this is also one of the main reasons why they have been able to get the job in the first place and they have been managing funds of different people for a long time.
Agree with your content that obtaining a degree can help a person to achieve his goal to work for a certain company that suits his expertise and making a living fine. If the person also operates a business, he also has ample ideas on how to make his business grow fast. It is truly different having a degree, however, there are smart people despite not having a degree holders but able to achieve their goals to reach their desired business.

Having a business degree offers a person many benefits albeit it may not be directly associated with how great a person could be when it comes to entrepreneurship. The fact remains that studying business and obtaining a degree can make a person gain an edge when it comes to working in a professional environment.

Honestly, i doubt that a business degree can help someone be a successful entrepreneur. Most successful business owners don't even have a degree. Take a look at Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg! They don't have a degree in business whatever but are immensely successful.

Having a business degree offers a person many benefits albeit it may not be directly associated with how great a person could be when it comes to entrepreneurship. The fact remains that studying business and obtaining a degree can make a person gain an edge when it comes to working in a professional environment.
May became millionaires without a degree earned from a university. Why have they become successful, they were born rich and those degree holders on a business course created business complementary to their field.

That's so right, one needs to apply in his power the best strategy through observations, actual experience and add up them all to achieve his plans to become rich through his business despite no degree in business obtained.
Exactly my point, you just have to use everything in your arsenal to run a business if you want to succeed at it. you need the right direction, knowledge, information and even the skills.

I think a business degree can be beneficial, but it's not a guarantee of success. There are many successful entrepreneurs who don't have a degree, and there are also those who have a degree but struggle to make their business work. It's important to have a good idea, a solid plan, and the drive to make it happen.

Of course, someone who has a business degree will be very helpful for starting a new business, especially determining products, market share, marketing, capital needs, as well as analysis for the future, but there is no guarantee that their business will be successful. Even though he has a business degree, he is an expert in financial theory, there is no guarantee that he can live frugally.

Exactly my point, you just have to use everything in your arsenal to run a business if you want to succeed at it. you need the right direction, knowledge, information and even the skills.
There are rich people who never graduated with a degree but because they inherited the business experience from their parents which is why they can also become rich through the power of money that serves as the capital. Money is power.

Degrees that are gotten by sitting in classrooms without trying to sell or generate a value proposition means nothing in the practical world of business. Believe you me, business men that have been running businesses for a long time by virtue if experience would do well in setting up a business than those with theoretical degrees in business.

10,474Threads
84,054Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back