Does holding out to marry a financially comfortable person equate to gold digging?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.672955
Referral Credit
No one wants to suffer for any reason. And nowadays, most people won't marry someone who is not financially comfortable no matter the other conditions attached to it.

Our judgemental society calls it gold digging when you stand your ground to say that the person you would marry must have money.

Does choosing to marry a rich person equate to gold digging for you?

No one wants to suffer for any reason. And nowadays, most people won't marry someone who is not financially comfortable no matter the other conditions attached to it.

Our judgemental society calls it gold digging when you stand your ground to say that the person you would marry must have money.

Does choosing to marry a rich person equate to gold digging for you?
To live you need money. So that has to play a role in marriage too but marrying a person only because he/she is rich is foolishness.

No it is no gold digging to me. I just believe we are just looking out to be financially stable before bringing in more people
Yes, getting related to more people by marriage we have to be financially stable.

Sure, the truth is that now getting married to a financially deficit person would not cut it.
Yes, it makes some sense if one of the partners is earning well and the other is trying to do something.

No it is no gold digging to me. I just believe we are just looking out to be financially stable before bringing in more people
You are correct. We only want someone financially stable. It's not gold-digging, especially since we're also working.

I don't think so, it's better to choose a partner who is equal in financial terms, so that we (the less well off partner) will always be harassed, and if a rich partner runs out of money and is often noisy, loves wealth or beauty is not eternal, then I'd better choose a partner who sincerely loves, whoever I am.

I think this question has a yes and no answer. In a situation where you have struggled and worked hard, you can still fend for yourself but you desire to marry someone who is well to do, I do not consider this as gold digging. You can't be struggling for years and still continue after marriage, we need money to survive and it's not like you would be completely dependent on your well to do partner. Then in a situation where you are not willing to work or do anything, you are simply just looking for someone who is wealthy to marry so you can feed off of, then I consider this gold digging.

13,179Threads
98,938Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member