Does language shape our thinking?

As new words and words we already use have their definitions and their use are updated daily and yearly, our view can definitely change shape, based on our understanding of those words and the way those words are used.

Who would have figured that in English, the word "Gay", would now be actively used as an alternative word for Homosexual, instead of on occasion, when speaking in small groups on the subject.

Language affects how we think and behavior. I belive that language is the determing factor that defines a tribe or a group of people. There are certain way, every tribe behaves and reacts. The more complex their language is, the more they are capable to reason and think.

Language affects how we think and behavior. I belive that language is the determing factor that defines a tribe or a group of people. There are certain way, every tribe behaves and reacts. The more complex their language is, the more they are capable to reason and think.
I do agree with that. Wouldn't believe how many variations I've even seen locally, on how different groups would react to the same thing.

13,101Threads
98,495Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member