• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Does Managing Personal Finances Require Skills?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.349700
Referral Credit
Even though personal finance seems simple, it is closely related to the ability to make decisions, financial goals to be achieved, income planning, expenditure planning and control. Even though we don't need a master's degree in finance, at least to be able to manage finances well we need basic skills. In your opinion, what basic skills are needed to be able to manage personal finances well?

Basic accounting skills are required to manage finances properly. Most women I know rely on the husbands to manage their finances, though I am an engineer, I have studied basic accounting and can prepare some financial statements trial balance, profit and loss statement.

The skills I may put into actions are the knowledge of the right banking and the right investments. If I'm skilled on these, my finances may rise like a huge and towering mountain - savings grow and investment glow in profit too.

It doesn't require any special skills like it requires dedication and commitment. When those are lacking, you would still fail in it no matter the skills you have in it.

12,063Threads
93,001Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member