• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Does smartphones really need antivirus?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
I heard someone say that the Operating system of Android devices and iOS devices have built-in security features that makes the use of antivirus softwares on these smartphones needless.

Is it true that we don't need antivirus on these smartphones?

One thing that I know for sure is that Android has Google Play Protect as a feature that scans app before and after installation to see if it has a virus. No need for anti virus software.

My Samsung A9 came with its default McAfee security suite and it's 5 years it works well. And no incompatibility issues with other antivirus free (I have Kaspersky free installed also). Probably I won't need any, as I never download out of Play Store, nor visit doubtful sites, but maintaining security tools it's my preference, in any way. Especially considering I mostly use a mobile to perform online banking and investments.

I don't use a special antivirus for smartphones, but I always clean cookies regularly, and delete unnecessary files and documents. I also have an old smartphone but it's still good, there are no problems even though I don't use antivirus.
Clearing cookies would really help you stay safe online. But I want to know if old files pose any real danger to my phone because I have files as old as 7 years on my smartphone.

I heard someone say that the Operating system of Android devices and iOS devices have built-in security features that makes the use of antivirus softwares on these smartphones needless.

Is it true that we don't need antivirus on these smartphones?
Yes! It is absolutely true. My phone have inbuilt security features. I think this is one of the reason we need to be updating our phone regularly.

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member