Does staying alone always lead to loneliness?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵8.592975
Referral Credit
Most of us, especially the elderly person in India stay alone. Most say they suffer from anxiety and loneliness. However I think if we keep ourselves engaged, take care of our health loneliness will fly and we won't suffer from anxiety. I start my day with meditation and yoga. Do the household chores, look after my dog. Spend some time in the garden. Be at Discussionbucks in the evening, watch the TV before ending my day with my dinner and bed time prayers. Some rest in the afternoon and sleep at night makes the 24hours a full circle.

It does not always lead to loneliness. I prefer to be alone most of the time because I am introverted and I do not like talking to people that much. However, it can be lonely at times, especially when you realize how hard life is.

Speaking from my experience staying alone for many times is very addictive and if a person start liking being alone then it is hard to interreact with peoples again.
It's not that I don't like company. My elder son often visit me and we have a good time. I love socializing with like minded people.
Post automatically merged:

I hate to be alone. I also hate loneliness. I seldom feel lonely and only feel this if I'm alone. I'm an extrovert and I want to see and talk to people.
I too want to stay in a family but now I have to stay alone as my sons are working in other city. I have to stay alone but I have accepted my solitude. I do interact with people around me.

I hate to be alone. I also hate loneliness. I seldom feel lonely and only feel this if I'm alone. I'm an extrovert and I want to see and talk to people.
I too want to stay in a family but now I have to stay alone as my sons are working in other city. I have to stay alone but I have accepted my solitude. I do interact with people around me.
Living alone does not always lead to loneliness you may be surrounded by people but still feel alone.
You are right. I have experienced that situation soon after my marriage. It was an arranged marriage and every member in the family criticized me and I felt cornered and lonely.

I
It does not always lead to loneliness. I prefer to be alone most of the time because I am introverted and I do not like talking to people that much. However, it can be lonely at times, especially when you realize how hard life is.
I love company but don't grudge staying alone too.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't like company. My elder son often visit me and we have a good time. I love socializing with like minded people.

You are right. I have experienced that situation soon after my marriage. It was an arranged marriage and every member in the family criticized me and I felt cornered and lonely.

I

I love company but don't grudge staying alone too.
Always be present here to have people to talk too while you are also earning some bucks. It is not good to be alone and embrace mesiries and unhappy thoughts.

Always be present here to have people to talk too while you are also earning some bucks. It is not good to be alone and embrace mesiries and unhappy thoughts.
I am not miserable being alone. I be here, and how time flies I can't know.

I totally agree there that staying alone has nothing to do with loneliness. In fact, you can stay surrounded by people but still feel lonely. Loneliness is actually a state of mind. I have never felt lonely or bored. I have enough things to keep me occupied and engaged throughout the day.

I totally agree there that staying alone has nothing to do with loneliness. In fact, you can stay surrounded by people but still feel lonely. Loneliness is actually a state of mind. I have never felt lonely or bored. I have enough things to keep me occupied and engaged throughout the day.
That's what I want to point out. I too never feel bored as I keep myself engaged until I go to bed.

That's what I want to point out. I too never feel bored as I keep myself engaged until I go to bed.
I am very surprised when I hear people complaining about being bored. I have lived in various countries in different situations of life. But I never felt bored. I was always occupied and productive. I had enough to keep me engaged.

Living alone does not always lead to loneliness you may be surrounded by people but still feel alone.
Yes that's the truth especially if you can't connect with their personality. it is good to be alone sometimes though I always love my lone tine.

At most circumstance, Always liking to stay alone can lead to loneliness, the reason is that you don't want to be with someone, you just want a quiet environment and no distance, when your friends notice that you prefer staying alone instead of being with them , they will leave your way to you and before you could even notice, you will start complaining of loneliness.

I like to be around people. But then I love my alone me time too and need it badly. I am always occupied with things to do. In fact, few things from my daily to do list always spills over to the next day. I feel that 24 hours is not enough at times.

That a while lot of activities, before you know it, it's dark again. We should always find a way to engage ourselves positively everyday, out body don't even like us staying in a place.
I am old and can't be that extrovert now. So I stay at home and find ways to stay happy.

Being with someone you love is a good thing and it will make you forget a lots of stressful things.

Most of us, especially the elderly person in India stay alone. Most say they suffer from anxiety and loneliness. However I think if we keep ourselves engaged, take care of our health loneliness will fly and we won't suffer from anxiety. I start my day with meditation and yoga. Do the household chores, look after my dog. Spend some time in the garden. Be at Discussionbucks in the evening, watch the TV before ending my day with my dinner and bed time prayers. Some rest in the afternoon and sleep at night makes the 24hours a full circle.
Staying alone for too long induces loneliness and laziness and this promotes unhealthy relationship when around people as such person might find staying alone attractive and may not like keeping company of other people.

13,067Threads
98,285Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member