Does your family borrow money from you?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.010050
Referral Credit
My family always borrows money from me but they pay me on time.I have a brother who borrowed a huge amount from me almost $900 but he didn't pay me until this time and it's almost 8 years now. I understand his financial situation so I plan not to let him pay me. I love my brother. Should he borrow again I will grant him. What about you?

No. Family doesn't borrow from me. I don't expect to give it out without some stipulations, as I know family will take advantage of being kind, far more often than friends and acquaintances.

Last edited:
I had once lent some money for a family members wedding expenses, yet the rich and powerful officials used that payment to destroy my career and life for the next 15 years at least, making fake allegations without any proof.

If I refused them, I will become bad to their eyes. But it seldom happens. It happened during the surge of the corona virus when many became jobless. It's not anymore happening this time.

They rarely do. Actually, the kids will, now that I think of it. We have a couple of adult children who are trying to establish themselves as functional independent adults... but it isn't easy, as we know. Sometimes they ask for money. I just don't consider it a loan and that way I don't get angry when it isn't paid back.

Yes they do borrow from me but hardly Pay back. But it is okay by me I let it slide
We have the same experience a family member can hardly pay us. I tend to forget the amount to avoid heartache.

If our parents borrow money from us, it is not good to allow them to pay, but sad my parents passed away many years ago. How nice if they were still alive. When my dad was alive, I hired a house help for him and a monthly allowance despite was having his own pension as a retired military official.He felt so happy.

My family always borrows money from me but they pay me on time.I have a brother who borrowed a huge amount from me almost $900 but he didn't pay me until this time and it's almost 8 years now. I understand his financial situation so I plan not to let him pay me. I love my brother. Should he borrow again I will grant him. What about you?
Yeah, i borrow my little sister some money she is a radiology technician student and when she want some money she tells me how much she loves me and complements me and i really lough because i know what will be her next move and i will give her the money she need, she says " i will pay you back pretty soo" but i will never take the money that i gave to her,

This feels like a habit but the good thing is that they usually return any money they lend from me

Only once I was told to lend money to my brother for his wedding , yet when he returned the money, I was falsely accused of receiving gifts, tortured and subjected to human rights abuses for more than 14 years.

My brother also borrowed money from almost $1000 and that was 8 years ago. Until this time he never cares to pay me. He works in KSA but he's not anymore paid by his employer. I sent him money there in Saudi. I pity my brother.😞

13,200Threads
99,037Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member