• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Dont tell people your income or the source of your income, always make them wonder

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.621450
Referral Credit
Will it be hard for us to do this? Well, those talkative who like to talk like a parrot, may not avoid asking you, and if you are that type, you may declare the source of your income and how much is your income. Whereas, if you are secretive, no matter how they pressure you, you remain firm and faithful to your stand to never tell anyone the source of your income. Let them wonder. The secrecy of your income source, if you are only wise, is to avoid the bad mouths of the people and they might keep on asking money from you or borrow money without paying you. Better be secretive.

It is better to tell people the income source, because for professionals,investors from poorer communities, the rich and powerful are always spreading fake malicious defamatory rumors to ruin their reputation.

Why should i tell people the source of my income? I never try it. In my street, one lady asked what am doing for a living, i asked her what is her problem with my source of livelihood. Since that day, she use to keep her distance from me.
That was very unprofessional and crossing the line of your personal life. At least she learned from her mistake.

This is something confidential. We can tell them where we work or if we have business but provided details is a no-no. We can keep it ourselves.
I don't even want to tell them where I work as long as it does not benefit them in any way, there is no need knowing that unless for legit reasons.

This is something confidential. We can tell them where we work or if we have business but provided details is a no-no. We can keep it ourselves.
Yeah you can tell them your work place if you have to. But don't give them other details as it is no business of theirs.

There are close to us who may not hesitate to ask us about the source of our income. For me it's normal.When I bought a new car the other year, someone asked me the source of my income and I told her that it's from my commissions from the insurance companies and from Toyota car company as among their car agents. She asked me to sell insurance and cars, so I recommended her. She took the exams twice but she didn't pass.

I prefer to keep details about my income and personal matters to myself. Even if I do not earn much, I choose to be secretive about it. Some people might try to take advantage of you, regardless of how difficult your circumstances are. There are those who are indifferent to whether you are going through hardships or not. That is why I think it is best not to share too much about your personal situation with certain people.

I don't even want to tell them where I work as long as it does not benefit them in any way, there is no need knowing that unless for legit reasons.
That is correct. We want to make sure that we keep it a secret not that we are hiding something from them. It is for our own sake.

12,088Threads
93,157Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member