Has technology increased or decreased our social connections? | Discussion Bucks

Has technology increased or decreased our social connections?

freelancermaria

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Oct 3, 2023
D Bucks
💵19.417188
Referral Credit
Social media can either increase or decrease our social connections depending on how we use it. On one hand, we can use these platforms to connect with family, friends, and colleagues from all over the world, which can increase our social connections. Also, if you suffer from social anxiety, social media can help you evade seclusion. But on the other hand, if you become too dependent on social media, it can decrease your social connections. You might prefer to communicate online rather than in person, leading to a lack of real-life interaction. What is more, always comparing your life with others online can cause anxiety and depression. What do you think?

Yes , my friend with technology, my connections got wider. It's very advantageous unless abused by people. There are wicked people taking advantage of technology by making it ugly.

For me l think it has increased in a way. It's through the technology that social media came into being.
You are so right with technology everything impossible in the past years become possible in this techno world.

Technology is completely going to erode our inter personal relationships as it gets more immersive. We now have husbands and wives, who really don't talk too much to each other. Technology is destroying physical relationships.

It's a case to case. Those relationship gone rough must be corrected. My brothers and sisters remain intact despite constant use of technology.

Technology in the other way round has helped people that are relatives who are staying in a distant country to connect and keep pace. It depends on the usage. I think it has helped social relationships for far distance but contracted same for short distances.

Not the traditional social media, but the PTWs socials made my social life skyrocket. I come from a geographic area (in my former country) where you rarely meet true friends if you lack well established roots. In fact, people will be interested to be your friends only if their parents and grandparents are true friends in their turn. In such a geographic area, you inherit your social environment the same way you inherit real estate and money. Various of my best friends I met online in the paid to write socials and forums.