Have you ever changed or thought about changing yourself so that you would be accepted by others?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.358176
Referral Credit
Since I was not born to please others, I haven't changed or even thought about changing merely to be liked by them, since I don't see anything wrong with who I am. I won't alter who I am as long as I don't hurt others, my society, or have a negative impact on others. However, I will do it if I am changing for myself. to become a better version of myself for myself, not for the sake of others.

It's important to be true to oneself and not compromise core values or beliefs solely to gain acceptance from others. While it's natural to seek approval and fit in, changing fundamental aspects of who you are to please others can lead to a loss of self-identity and happiness. Instead, a healthy approach is to embrace personal growth and self-improvement while staying authentic. Consider constructive feedback and make changes that align with your values and personal development goals. Surround yourself with people who accept and appreciate you for who you are, as genuine relationships are built on authenticity. In the end, being accepted for who you truly are is far more fulfilling than being liked for a version of yourself that isn't real.

No, i will never change my self for acceptance by others, even if i change my self the true me will come at any time and that will be a hard thing to control, but if i have bad behavior i will try to change that but changing my personality is not a good thing.

To be honest i have thought about changing myself just so i can be accepted but i came to my Senses on time, that i do not need to pretend to be someone else just so i can be accepted. If they do not like me for who i am then they are not ment to be around me. I would only change when i know it would make me a better version of who i am now.

I've never thought about changing myself to be liked by other people, so far I've never drunk or gambled or committed a crime, so in general there's nothing that needs to be changed, even if a woman comes along, she has to be able to love me for who I am.

For me l do appreciate the way l am. I have never thought of altering or adding up my body for extra favour or something.
Post automatically merged:

I can't accept to that for real. Based on the religion that l am connected to its very sinful to alter or reduce the body that God created for a his own image.

Last edited:
13,206Threads
99,079Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member