Have you ever experienced a food that was hard to swallow but you still ate anyway because you didn’t want to offend someone?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.258826
Referral Credit
Storytime 😊

Last weekend, I visited my not-so-close aunt. I was so happy because she offered to let me stay for lunch because she'd cook. So here comes lunchtime, and I am so hungry since I haven't eaten my breakfast. The moment the soup touches my lips, I think I'm about to throw up because it's very salty. And since it was just the two of us, I just continued eating and still praised her food because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Still, I had a great time with her, and my love for her will not change.

I remember when i traveled to the capital city to get my NYSC certificate after service. I had a relative there from my mom side, so on the last day before traveling back, he took me out to it. The food he bought the pepper was so much that i felt like dieing. But since he bought the food i had to force myself. It was just God that saved me that day.

Storytime 😊

Last weekend, I visited my not-so-close aunt. I was so happy because she offered to let me stay for lunch because she'd cook. So here comes lunchtime, and I am so hungry since I haven't eaten my breakfast. The moment the soup touches my lips, I think I'm about to throw up because it's very salty. And since it was just the two of us, I just continued eating and still praised her food because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Still, I had a great time with her, and my love for her will not change.
I feel you, i face this situation more than one time and i really hate that moment that eating the food i don't really like and its because of for the moral of others.

I have been on this situation before but you don't have choice but to eat what you see especially when you're very hungry at that moment

I remember when i traveled to the capital city to get my NYSC certificate after service. I had a relative there from my mom side, so on the last day before traveling back, he took me out to it. The food he bought the pepper was so much that i felt like dieing. But since he bought the food i had to force myself. It was just God that saved me that day.
I will never sacrifice eating food that is not good for me. I have to replace it and complain to the desk that their food's not delicious but a killer food. I never care if it was bought by a relative. I have my own right to refuse.

Storytime 😊

When I got married as a new bride my mother-in-law ordered me to make cauliflower sticks with mustard paste everyday which I hate but I made and swallowed it without protesting.

When I got married as a new bride my mother-in-law ordered me to make cauliflower sticks with mustard paste everyday which I hate but I made and swallowed it without protesting.
That's horrible @aninditasen . If I were you, I would have already told my mother-in-law about it; I could not do that every day. I salute you for being a good daughter-in-law to her 🫡.

That's horrible @aninditasen . If I were you, I would have already told my mother-in-law about it; I could not do that every day. I salute you for being a good daughter-in-law to her 🫡.
But she was a very bad mother-in-law whom I had to avoid to stay in peace.

Yes. I agreed to my friend's invitation for a late lunch. She said it was her treat. She ordered some unusual dish, and she raved about how delicious it was. I almost puked when I tasted it. I postponed telling her because I didn't want to offend her. I just told her about it on the way home. LOL

That was so ridiculous, how I hate in-laws like that. If I marry and have a mother-in-law like that, I will leave that place right away. I want freedom.

That was so ridiculous, how I hate in-laws like that. If I marry and have a mother-in-law like that, I will leave that place right away. I want freedom.
I never agreed to stay with her anymore once my husband got transferred to another city. She stayed with my husband's elder brother's bother there after who never listened to her terms.

I never agreed to stay with her anymore once my husband got transferred to another city. She stayed with my husband's elder brother's bother there after who never listened to her terms.
That mother in law has a toxic mouth and a fault finder. That was good you transferred to other place.

13,040Threads
98,109Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member